Copyright Office Associate
Part Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for collecting copyright registration information.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Obtain necessary information needed to process infringement files.
• Carefully manage all assigned activities.
• Be available and willing to travel to the Library of Congress as required.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
Experience: Minimum 1 – 2 years experience in an office environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and take initiative
• Ability to work 10 hours per week.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None