BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This role will assist the NY Corporate Communications and Marketing team with PR and Social Media efforts as well as some administrative responsibilities.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Provide department with general media relations support, including development and maintenance of press lists, biographies, fact sheets, event recaps and other assignments as required.
• Compile daily clip packet, distribute press materials to key executives, keep team apprised of all breaking news and, working in conjunction with Social Media Senior Manager, monitor social media channels for BMI and industry-related coverage.
• Work with NY media relations teams and provide support for awards shows and events and provide on-site PR support for BMI’s major award shows.
• Research media outlets, reporters and articles to better identify coverage opportunities and trends.
• Proof and distribute press releases and media alerts.
• Conduct fact-checking and research for CEO speeches and award show remarks.
• Under the direction of the Executive Director of Corporate Communications, partner directly with key Creative departments to align corporate communications and writer publisher priorities for promoting appropriate events (Broadway, Jazz and Classical Divisions).
• Support Executive Director, Corporate Communications with proactive PR for Licensing Division, such as creating drafts of internal communication.
• Help support Social Media Senior Manager with social media postings and coordinate publicity opportunities. Serve as primary back-up to Social Media Manager as needed.
• Coordinate BMI Speakers Bureau under the direction of Executive Director, Corporate and Media Relations.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with press, writer/publisher teams and executives in order to assist media relations, content and website teams in maximizing press coverage.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from four year University or College.
• Minimum one year experience in publicity/communications. Music experience and PR agency experience a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Strong understanding of social media
• Creative and strategic thinker with collaborative and flexible approach
• Pro-active and enthusiastic
• Must be willing to travel