Administrative Assistant, Front Desk
BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Responsible for greeting and interfacing with the general public, songwriters, composers, music publishers, industry executives, customers, vendors and others; represents the Company in a professional, positive manner in order to make a great first impression; assists visitors, handles inquiries in-person and on the phone regarding the organization; and performs various administrative duties as needed. Perform administrative duties for the LA office by performing research using various internal and external tools.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and direct callers to appropriate personnel.
• Manage all visitors entering and exiting the lobby in a courteous and professional manner; determines the nature of business and contacts the appropriate BMI team member regarding the visitors’ arrival.
• Follow company policies and procedures to effectively assist affiliates through phone calls and e-mails. Monitor visitor access; ensure knowledge of visitor’s whereabouts and maintain complete sign-in/sign-out procedures in accordance with Company policy.
• Check Los Angeles office voicemail/email and respond to a substantial amount of phone calls and email inquiries of wide-ranging and complex issues from BMI Affiliates
• Maintain daily logs for incoming calls and internal routing and present to office coordinator on a bi-weekly basis.
• Research using various internal tools, including but not limited to the BMI participant database and email, as well as external tools. Answer questions about organization and provide callers with needed information.
• Open, sort and route mail/FedEx on a timely manner.
• Maintain and route publications.
• Maintain office supplies and mail room inventory.
• Perform clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and collating.
• Maintains an organized, clean work area.
• Ensures appropriate back-up when absent from the front desk.
• Regular and dependable attendance.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum two (2) years related administrative experience. Prior work in a media/entertainment company is preferred.
• Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven record of good attendance and punctuality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse population, and with all levels of staff and management.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments.