Master QC Operator
Part Time Job
--------------- MASTER QC EXPERIENCE MANDATORY!-------------------
Steady work available.
- Offsite quality testing of master file-based video and audio material
- Ensure video/audio/caption quality (completeness, sync, accuracy) of content
- Complete full linear video QC passes for specified content
- Evaluating the quality of and checking for errors in digital video/audio assets
- Describing and identifying the severity of issues in video/audio assets
- Confirming basic technical requirements and client specifications
- Ensure overall integrity and quality of streams (video, audio, captions, etc) adhere standards as well as any additional client specific requirements.
- Identify and document any encoding related artifacts as well as other video/audio anomalies including but not limited to the following:
------Digital hits, audio dropouts, artifacts, etc.
------Video or audio sync issues, localization discrepancies
------Interlacing as well as any other of conversion related issues.
- Submit QC reports for 100% full linear QCs detailing overall quality of file. (experience with use of specialized templates for IMP, J2K, OTM/ACQ, etc. highly valued)
- Previous experience necessary
- Flexible and available as needed
- Must have personal laptop computer to use
- Familiarity with basic film/video concepts, such as resolution, frame rate, NTSC, PAL, HDTV, SD, HD, UHD, 5.1 audio
- Experience with Final Cut and/or other editing software recommended. Clipster and Colorfront experience preferred.
- Experience with digital video/audio encoding systems
- Experience with QA/QC systems and processes, including web-based applications
- Familiarity with video mastering and localization processes a plus
- Computer-literate (Windows/Mac, Excel, Word, web browser)
- Attention to detail
- Good pattern recognition skills
- Good organization skills and ability to manage heavy workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks
- Responsible and able to work with little supervision
Please provide expected or hourly rate range.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online