Technical Animator, Temp
Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Full Time Job
Serves as a technical animator to the production process working in the Animation Department.
• Is responsible for the Quality Control of the final product during the animation phase of the pipeline
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to help keep production moving.
• Troubleshooting and fixing render issues.
• At times, may create background, and prop animation.
• Help contribute to making the animation process as streamlined as possible.
• Experience using Maya (2 years).
• Strengths in technical aspects of animation and problem solving and creative thinking.
• Experience in MEL and/or PYTHON a plus.
• Experience in character rigging a plus.
Content Expertise/Technical Skills
• Maya: 4
• Scripting(Perl, MEL, Python): 3
• UNIX: 3
Time/Project Management: 5
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!