Production Management Intern
Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Our summer internship program is a fun, exciting and education-packed 10 weeks. Each intern is specially selected and placed in a department that best fits their skills and interests. Throughout the 10 weeks they will be mentored and supervised by a Blue Sky professional in that field.
All of the Summer 2019 internships start in early June and end in early August. They are open to all college students whose graduation dates fall within the following time frame: Winter 2018 through Spring 2020. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
Production Management is responsible for the management of all processes, procedures, outputs and deliverables on animated feature films at Blue Sky. The production staff assists each department with their day-to-day tasks including artistic reviews, technical meetings and schedule updates. They must ensure that the department outputs are aligned with the production schedule as well as the creative vision for the project. Production interns should be pursuing a degree in film and/or TV production.
Cover letter, Resume, PDF per the information below.
and/or Experience Required:
Pursuing BS or MS in film and/or TV production or a related field.
• Learn how to support the Production Supervisor and Coordinators.
• Assist the PA in managing calendars and schedule meetings.
• Acquire skills to prep for meetings (agendas, room set-up, etc.).
• Learn to assist with running of meetings (run equipment, etc.).
• Take clear, concise notes during meetings and rounds.
• Distribute meeting notes in a timely manner.
• Master general office task and production PA tasks.
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal).
• Strong organizational and computer skills.
• Excellent time management with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Ability to anticipate problems.
• Ability to follow through on assignments in a timely manner.
• Mac proficiency, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, database entry software, and other software as applicable.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the company, artistic/creative individuals as well as those in management.
Please make sure you include the following in your application:
-A separate pdf with a list of the following information:
• Your name
• Your school
• Month/year of your graduation
• Contact information for 3 references
• Link to your website and password (if applicable)
• If apply for multiple departments, list order of preference
• If you currently have the legal right to work within the US
-If you have a demo reel, please make sure to include a link (and password if you have one) in the online application as well as your resume and the separate PDF. Put it in as many places as possible. :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!