Intern - Art / Visual Development
Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Our summer internship program is a fun, exciting and education-packed 10 weeks. Each intern is specially selected and placed in a department that best fits their skills and interests. Throughout the 10 weeks they will be mentored and supervised by a Blue Sky professional in that field.
All of the Summer 2019 internships start in early June and end in early August. They are open to all college students whose graduation dates fall within the following time frame: Winter 2018 through Spring 2020. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
The Art/Visual Development develops the visual look for characters, sets, and/or color scenarios for our films. Artists are responsible for clear, detailed work that will ensure easy hand off to other departments in production and facilitate the execution of the visualized concepts. Candidates should be art students with solid drawing, painting and design skills. Photoshop skills are necessary. Familiarity with Maya helpful, but not required.
Cover letter, Resume, PDF per the information below and an online portfolio showcasing one or more of the following: Character Design, Environment Design, Moment Paintings and/or Color work.
and/or Experience Required:
Pursuing BS or MS in Animation, Fine Arts, Computer Visualization or related studies.
• Learn how to contribute to the look and feel of films in Set Design, Character Design, and/or Color/Matte Painting.
• Shadow team members in the Design Department and complete learning assignments created for them by the team.
• Strong traditional art skills that include knowledge of color, lighting, perspective and composition.
• Ability to take creative direction.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Working knowledge of Maya a plus.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
Please make sure you include the following in your application:
-A separate pdf with a list of the following information:
• Your name
• Your school
• Month/year of your graduation
• Contact information for 3 references
• Link to your website and password (if applicable)
• If apply for multiple departments, list order of preference
• If you currently have the legal right to work within the US
-If you have a demo reel, please make sure to include a link (and password if you have one) in the online application as well as your resume and the separate PDF. Put it in as many places as possible. :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!