Intern - Animation
Blue Sky StudiosGreenwich, CT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Our summer internship program is a fun, exciting and education-packed 10 weeks. Each intern is specially selected and placed in a department that best fits their skills and interests. Throughout the 10 weeks they will be mentored and supervised by a Blue Sky professional in that field. All of the Summer 2019 internships start in early June and end in early August. They are open to all college students whose graduation dates fall within the following time frame: Winter 2018 through Spring 2020. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
The Animation Department brings life to our characters through movement and acting, creating characters that our audiences can fall in love with. As an intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work with several Blue Sky mentors learning many tips and tricks as we explore all aspects of our animation process. Animation interns should show exceptional understanding of anatomy, weight, locomotion, acting, dialog, appeal, and entertainment. We also look for artists with a sense of humor, a strong point of view, and who have the ability to put a personal spin on their work.
Cover letter, Resume, PDF per the information below and a reel with character animation.
and/or Experience Required:
Pursuing BS or MS in Animation, Fine Arts, Computer Science, Computer Visualization or related studies.
• Develop acting and animation skills by working through a set of teaching assignments that begin with the bouncing ball and end with a full-body acting shot.
• Learn our production pipeline process and how Animation works with other departments.
• Attend animation dailies to develop and sharpen critical eye.
• Learn to maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of 3D animation using animation software like Maya or 3ds Max.
• Understanding of traditional animation principles.
• Ability to take creative direction and embrace change.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Familiarity with Linux a plus.
Please make sure you include the following in your application:
-A separate pdf with a list of the following information:
• Your name
• Your school
• Month/year of your graduation
• Contact information for 3 references
• Link to your website and password (if applicable),
• If apply for multiple departments, list order of preference
• If you currently have the legal right to work within the US.
-If you have a demo reel, please make sure to include a link (and password if you have one) in the online application as well as your resume and the separate PDF. Put it in as many places as possible. :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!