Safety & Rigging Manager
Bigger Hammer Productions ServicesLong Beach, CA
Full Time Job
Bigger Hammer Production Services has an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for a Safety and Rigging Manager. We are seeking a topnotch professional that will be responsible for the safety of company operations and training.
If you are interested in working for a great company that values and invests in the professional development of its employees, read on and apply.
Bigger Hammer Production Services has provided quality A.V. technicians and stagehands across Southern California since 1996. We've built our reputation as a leader in the industry by providing professional, hard working, and responsible crews.
The Safety and Rigging Manager will be responsible for workplace safety and training for all aspects of the Company's operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serves as company safety officer. Leads safety committee meetings and updates IIPP.
• Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations including CAL OSHA, OSHA and others.
• Develops, implements and conducts employee training programs.
• Assists in recruiting and developing rigging workforce evaluating both internal and external candidates.
• Implements, documents and ensures compliance with equipment safety inspection program.
• Works both in the field on job sites. Maintains office hours. Approximately 50% office and 50% in the field.
• Always adheres to safety standards for rigging equipment and uses safe working methods.
• Ensures the safe setup, use and maintenance of rigging equipment used during for concerts and special events.
• Hangs rigging points, calculates and calls bridles, ties knots.
• Hangs soft goods and hard set pieces.
• Operates rigging equipment during load-in, show and load-out.
• Performs basic troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment.
• Unloads trucks and moves gear to set up location in accordance with instructions.
• Strikes equipment upon completion of event, packs equipment cases and loads trucks.
• Conducts business development activities to generate sales and enhance client relationships.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Excellent understanding of, and adherence to, safety requirements.
• Good problem solving skills, common sense and good judgment.
• Strong leadership and management skills including ability to think strategically.
• Effective teacher and trainer of safe working practices for live event production. Dedicated to continued education.
• Strong understanding of safe working loads, safety factors and rigging principles.
• Familiarity with equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts. Ability to train and evaluate others.
• Ability to read and speak English and to hear and communicate orally.
• Computer proficiency including understanding of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD/Vectorworks, effective use of Internet.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and exhibit creative problem solving skills.
• Effective interpersonal communication skills to manage and serve the needs of employees, clients and vendors.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions while maintaining strong detail orientation, be flexible and adaptable under varied conditions and requirements, and maintain composure/perform well under time pressures.
• Typically requires ability to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl and/or sit for long periods.
• Use well-developed fine and gross motor skills and exhibit manual dexterity.
• Ability to regularly lift, push, pull or otherwise move and position up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision capabilities include color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Noise level in the work environment varies and can be loud.
• May be asked to work unconventional, varied schedules including overnight shifts.
• Assignments may be out-of-doors, sometimes in remote locations, and subject to prevalent weather conditions.
• Must be available to respond on short notice; it is required to arrive at work sites on time.
• 5 years technical experience in live event production.
• 3 years experience supervising and conducting training. Training of live event production staff and/or safety preferred.
• 6000 hours documented theatrical and/or arena rigging work experience.
• ETCP Rigging Certification.
• Fall Protection and/or Rope Access Certification
• SPRAT or IRATA Certification
• Undergraduate degree
What We Offer You! . Competitive salary . Benefit Packages Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance? . Career Advancement Opportunities