Big Picture EntertainmentCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
big picture, an entertainment marketing agency located in Culver City, is looking for an Assistant Editor with a minimum of 2 years experience, excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize and manage tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently working as an Assistant Editor and whose long term career goal is to become a trailer editor. It is not an entry-level position.
• Minimum of 2 years-experience as an Assistant Editor
• Extensive knowledge of Avid Media Composer.
• Proficiency with MacOS.
• Strong QC skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems on the fly.
• Must be highly organized and have the ability to work independently and with team members.
• Creation and prep of EDLs, AAFs, XMLs for finishing.
• Proficiency in grouping clips, syncing dailies, AMA workflows, overcutting.
• Good understanding of frame rates, conversions, codecs & formats
• Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/SAN)
• Understanding of HD/SD formats, file and tape based deliveries
• Manage assets for editorial, motion graphics and finishing
• Our business is driven by our clients' needs and as such AE's are required to work overtime (paid) on a regular basis.
• Occasional weekend work (paid) is also required.
• Knowledge of Davinci Resolve / Premiere Pro / Media Encoder.
• Prior experience working at a Post House or Theatrical Marketing Agency
Regular business hours are Mon-Fri 9.30am to 6.30pm
PPO Medical and Dental benefits.
Paid vacation days
Paid sick days.
Please include your salary requirements along with your cover letter and resume.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online