Writer / Producer, Promo's
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We're looking for a dynamic, driven and savvy Senior Writer Producer with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture to support what's hot, what's next and what matters at BET Networks. The Sr. Writer/Producer must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for BET Network's existing and emerging distribution platforms. In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production. The candidate must also have strong leadership and teaching skills in order to develop the skills of the junior members of the staff.
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives.
- Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming & social)
- Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary.
- Run audio and video editing sessions.
- Seek out external production sources as appropriate.
- Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.