SVP Culture & Corporate Social Responsibility
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We have a Senior Vice President of Culture Corporate Responsibility opportunity available and the ideal individual will develop a keen understanding of Viacom’s culture, corporate responsibility priorities, business goals and strategies, and establish and execute organizational initiatives in support of those strategies. This newly created role reports to the EVP, Communications, Culture Marketing, will manage teams across both functions, and is based in New York.
• Partner with the EVP, Communications, Culture & Marketing to define, develop and implement the priority culture initiatives, and help to track progress made.
• Communicate and work closely with business leaders, employees and talent acquisition to ensure true understanding of corporate culture and what it means to their business, the overall organization, and our audience.
• Partner with all areas of Human Resources including Organizational Effectiveness HR Programs, Talent Acquisition and Employee Events in the spirit of fostering a best in class culture in line with mission, vision and values.
• Work with Catalyst (Viacom’s internal creative agency), Corporate Marketing, Communications, Corporate Responsibility and Special Events to help bring culture initiatives to life.
• Partner with the Office and the Global Inclusion on all matters related to diversity and inclusion.
• Work with Business Development and Media & Technology Services teams on innovation-related culture projects.
• Coordinate with all the divisional culture taskforces and point people to ensure efforts are aligned and optimized.
• Play a key role in employee engagement and establishing a feeling of pride and purpose at Viacom.
• Partner with the EVP, Communications, Culture & Marketing to manage Viacom’s CSR strategy across multiple divisions, spearhead corporate CSR initiatives, develop cross-company partnerships with corporations and non-profit organizations, and manage the company’s philanthropic investments.
• Oversee CSR-related employee engagement and volunteerism programs, including Viacommunity Day, ongoing employee events, our skills-based volunteering and formal mentoring programs
• Lead coordination with CSR teams across the company and partnership development that amplifies Viacom’s deep legacy and expertise in social impact, including management of the cross-company CSR Council.
• In addition, foster relationships with Human Resources, the Office of Global Inclusion, Ad Sales, Distribution and Core Services to work seamlessly with brands and business units to create social responsibility goals, track progress and report on efforts.
• Cultivate and manage partnerships with a network of non-profits, foundations, government agencies, and corporate partners
• Stay abreast of emerging trends in digital culture and develop innovative new ways to maximize the reach of Viacom’s social impact efforts across social media
The SVP, Culture Corporate Responsibility is a proven professional who is agile, flexible, and able to thrive in fast-changing and undefined situations. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication and leadership skills coupled with the ability to build rapport, achieve results through influence, and establish and maintain credibility with our leadership team, managers, team members, and multiple stakeholders at various levels across the organization.
The SVP should have a broad range of experience across business initiatives, which may include project management, process improvement, innovation, professional development, employee or human resource programs, and rewards and recognition.
• Bachelor’s degree required, a Masters’ degree is a plus, in a relevant field
• 15 years of relevant professional experience, with documented success in the areas of culture, change management, corporate responsibility, social innovation and strategic partnerships
• Proven ability to influence and drive change with executive leadership and across diverse and geographically dispersed teams
• Track record of aligning the people strategy with the goals of the business
• Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environment
• Self-motivated, well organized and stellar work ethic
The strength of Viacom is our employees, some of the most talented and creative in the industry. Our multigenerational, multicultural workforce has shaped a unique culture that champions creativity, innovation and inclusion. This shared set of values drives everything we do at Viacom, helping us better connect with our audiences and recruit and retain the best in the business.
Another critical part of our culture is a long-held commitment to corporate responsibility, both at our divisional brands and at the Viacom corporate level. By leveraging our diverse culture – and our deep legacy and expertise in social impact – Viacom empowers, engages and inspires our employees and audiences to make a real difference in our communities around the world.