Senior Vice President, Scripted
Full Time Job
BET Networks is currently seeking a Senior Vice President, Digital Content to lead the Digital team. In this role, you will develop a content strategy across multiple categories and platforms. This role reports to the President of BET Networks, and is based in New York.
You will be responsible for the leadership, creation and production of compelling and engaging digital content for the BET audience. You will bring extensive, in-depth knowledge of current topics that are relevant to BET, and have proven editorial skills leading digital content at a top website or brand. The ideal candidate will bring a consistent track record of providing timely multi-media content across categories that include news, sports, lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, urban style, music, health and beauty, for women and men.
You will possess a strong sense of urgency, agility and the ability to work in a fast- paced environment, and have facility across sectors and platforms. Additionally, you will bring a track record of selecting talent and industry subject matter experts, as well as be a respected authority in their own right. This executive will work with influencers and secure access to exclusive and original content in various sectors, and ultimately create the vision for BET's digital content and will be the arbiter of what is hot, new and next!
You are an enthusiastic team leader with proven editorial and leadership skills, who fully understands the BET audience, and bring a firm understanding of the media and digital business, with experience handling a budget and managing trade-offs.
Ideally, you are currently leading online content at a well-regarded lifestyle, music or news brands.
• Provide best-in-class content for web, video and social media channels
• Create and maintain a consistent vision and voice across all verticals
• Contribute ideas that elevate the overall BET brand and position BET as a leading authority in the delivery of relevant, social-first content
• Grow visitors to the site and meet or exceed traffic and viewership goals
• Develop specific social media strategies that drive network goals
• Establish editorial guidelines and ensure consistency and accuracy across all content
• Facilitate digital content ideation for tentpole and special events across the network
• Over 12 years of overall experience in media, including at least 5 years of experience leading a digital team at a top website brand
• Experience tracking visibility and analyzing performance of digital content
• Experience working collaboratively across multiple functional areas of a company
• Extraordinary communication and organizational skills
• Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience building and managing a collaborative, efficient team
• Strong affinity for BET programming and audience
• Expertise in handling multiple content platforms and social media