Senior Digital Video Producer- BET
Full Time Job
The Senior Digital Video Producer has the primary responsibility of producing linear support content for BET Networks scripted linear shows, Awards shows and offline events like the BET Experience.
He/she is responsible for working with the Senior Director of OnTV Operations to ensure that robust video content plans of compelling digital video content are created to promote network initiatives when shows are in and/or off season. The Senior Digital Video Producer must develop ways to incorporate show talent into video creative that generates millions of views, and thus increased awareness for the linear show.
• Produce, shoot, manage and guide multiple original video series from pre-production through final delivery
• Responsible for the creative behind each video, including finding the right talent, creation of shot lists, interview questions and managing the daily schedule to ensure timely delivery of each video
• Bring a unique, creative vision and strong editorial voice, and constantly work to identify new sources of content/talent as well as new formats for storytelling
• Manage all costs of production and post-production
• Coordinate with the Linear, digital and social content team, identifying content opportunities for digital and social platforms.
• Collaborate with the Digital Sales team to develop sponsored content opportunities and treatments in support if linear scripted shows.
• 5 years of producing/editing digital video content at a media publisher and 3 years of field production or relevant experience
• Undergraduate degree in Media/Film, related field or equivalent professional experience
• Excel at conceptualizing innovative ideas to tell highly engaging, fun, positive stories about music/AA/youth culture
• Ability to work independently while also providing leadership and strategic thinking for a close-knit creative team
• Experience in storyboarding, episode overviews, shot lists, interview questions and physical production
• Experience in ideating, crafting a narrative, capturing the moments and producing compelling final cuts
• A successful history in the digital and social media landscape, including creating content for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap and other platforms, including branded and sponsored content
• Proficient with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro or other non-linear editing systems
• Experience producing live broadcasts for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant work experience.