Senior Analyst, Corporate Services Spend - Viacom
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
In this key Sourcing role, you will be responsible for managing Viacom’s global Corporate Services intelligent information that provides Sourcing professionals with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better Sourcing decisions faster. The Senior Analyst will analyze and report Viacom (Paramount Pictures, Media Networks, and Corporate) Corporate Services global spend using a Global Sourcing Spend Analysis Tool. Annual spend for Corporate Service is ~$.5 billion.
You will play a key role in supporting Sourcing initiatives. You will also perform quality control validations on the related data while working closely with Sourcing on execution of their priorities. Build and maintain an internal partner network is also critical for this role as well as balancing priorities and multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Manage Viacom/PPC Corporate Services spend using Viacom’s In-house Global Sourcing Spend Analysis Tool:
• Maintain consistent classification methodology and spend category taxonomy
• Perform regular reviews and analyses to ensure data integrity & quality
• Monitor category and vendor-specific business activities
• Lead small scale Sourcing initiatives under Sourcing Executive Director and Director
• Support Sourcing initiatives by conducting market research, analyzing pricing proposals and creating executive presentation as directed.
• Perform adhoc and project spend analysis for Corporate Services Spend Tower to drive company-wide synergies highlighting opportunities across common vendors, category spend and/or workflows.
• Assist with execution of sourcing strategies using data analytics with equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities.
• Maintain/develop good working relationships with internal Business Operations and Sourcing professionals
• Work within a team environment to achieve established common goals and deadlines
• Participate in data strategy and planning efforts, serving as the subject matter expert through solution and implementation phases of major initiatives. (i.e. refine product categories, improve data integrity, enhance categorization)
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Economics
• You have 3 of years experience in Finance / Analytics
• You have general knowledge of accounting principles
• You have experience with running analytical tools and working with large, complex datasets
• Experience in data analysis, financial/quantitative modelling and data mining
• Excellent Microsoft Excel (incl. pivot table) skills
• Familiarity with SAP or other leading ERP systems a strong plus
• Previous positions in the Media & Entertainment industry a strong plus
• Knowledge and interest in sourcing category areas such as MTS, Facilities, Production and Creative
• Prior use of data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Visokio) or willingness to learn a strong plus
• Strong communication skills - oral, written, interpersonal
• Ability to engage with wide array of personnel – Viacom executives to associates, vendors and customers – both large and small
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with ambiguity
• Flexibility with work schedule
• Possess strong work ethic and integrity
• Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines
• Periodic travel (up to 5%)