Manager, Standards & Practices
BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2018 12:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Standards & Practices jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Standards & Practices postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Standards & Practices? We are currently seeking a Coordinator/Manager to support the BET Standards & Practices team.
This position is vital in supporting BET’s continuing increase in original content for both linear and digital platforms.
• Daily independent review of linear and digital content for Viacom Music Group properties.
• Responsible for evaluating original show concepts, scripts, rough cuts and finals for programs assigned to them.
• Responsible for issuing notes to Production, Development executives, and team members in a concise and timely manner.
• Participate in music video review process for all music based channels & platforms as well as input data into MVA database and manage multiple versions.
• Elevate larger issues to S&P senior executives.
• Assigning appropriate parental ratings to reviewed programs and series.
• Designated back-up for programming on various channels where needed.
• Will also be assigned to competitive programming to review and evaluate.
• Must be available to cover LIVE events for audio/video delay which may include travel to NOC/Event location.
• Active member of Department’s Digital Task Force.
• 1 years of experience in Standards and Practices or in a related field (coordinator), 3 years of experience in Standards and Practices or related field (Manager)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate in a clear, concise and relevant manner.
• College Degree Preferred.
• Excellent research skills.
• Confident and respectful with colleagues and clients when participating in challenging discussions with the ability to acquiesce when appropriate.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to make quick
• decisions under pressure.
• Must have knowledge and interest in music, content and pop culture.
• Must be an active user of current social platforms, apps and emerging media.
• Work independently and collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
• Great organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook and/or willing to learn Excel, Microsoft Access PTS and MVA.
#LI-JR1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.