Line Producer - Vds / BET
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Digital Studios is seeking an experienced Line Producer to join the digital arm of BET. Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for digital video production and distribution and can point to a proven track record of managing a slate of original programming which includes: documentary, studio, live, scripted, animation and reality.
As part of the BET Digital team, the Line Producer will be running point on all Production Mgmt. for the slate of BET Digital Originals and work side by side with a Supervising Producer in managing each project from its earliest starting point through to delivery. An acute understanding of the digital landscape and experience in producing programming that’s distributed via YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram is a must.
A top candidate would have experience in working closely with Development Execs and be able to communicate, with a positive can-do attitude, what’s possible within certain budgetary parameters.
This is a hands-on role and experience in managing a production mgmt team within a fast paced environment while maintaining a composed and problem solving attitude is critical.
• Oversee execution and delivery of the BET, VDS slate to all digital platforms
• Create or review and approve production budgets and schedules
• Oversee all actualizations of projects and review final wrap binders
• Manage and track the annual programming budget and oversee each project’s estimated final cost
• Forecast production timelines and build out strategic support teams
• Oversee the hiring of Production Mgmt. personnel
• Manage and assign internal Production Mgmt. resources as needed
• Partner with BET creative leads and video producers to execute smart, savvy content that is financially and legally responsible
• React quickly in a fast-paced production environment and demonstrate pragmatic problem solving skills
• Familiarize with Viacom Policy & Procedure and build productive working relationships with representatives from other internal finance, legal, technical, and support departments
• Work autonomously without daily oversight from production executives
• Communicate effectively with senior executives and remain prepared to keep stakeholders up to date on project status and know when to elevate issues that require more senior oversight
• Sign off on production calendars, post plans, call sheets, financial trackers, contract grids, and travel logistics
• Manage and mentor junior production personnel
• Vet legality and logistics for execution of international/travel-based productions
• Work closely with network talent, artists, celebrities and management during production planning and execution
• Strategize new and improved ways of doing business and champion change
• 6-8 years of experience required with network/broadcast and/or production company, experience line producing for new media platforms strongly desired
• Movie Magic experience
• Willingness to travel and be available for some weekend shoots/events
• College degree strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of prominent digital platforms and emerging technology
• Proficiency with budgeting and/or spreadsheet based software