Director, Digital Marketing
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Digital Marketing - Viacom Corporate
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, TV Land, and VH1. Viacom is in an era of rapid innovation, and looking for exceptional talent who have the appetite and initiative for a dynamic, often start-up like environment.
The Viacom Marketing team is a creative and tactical trade and internal marketing organization that will deliver an ‘always on’ marketing strategy for Viacom and its audiences which include Advertisers, Marketers, Distributors and Content Partners, Investors, Current and prospective employees, and all those interested in the collective Viacom Story. This teams aspires to be the most creative marketing team in the industry and requires a leader who will live that vision every day.
It is this team’s responsibility to ensure our trade and corporate audiences know what sets us apart, our strategic vision, and key successes as we deliver upon that vision. The Marketing team at Viacom seeks a visionary Director of Digital Marketing who is motivated by the unique opportunity to build and scale the story of the new Viacom, as we continue to evolve and shape ourselves and the industry. You are both an analytics and performance media expert and a creative and savvy marketing professional.
The Director, Digital Marketing, working with trade marketing and editorial teams, will design and execute B2B performance marketing campaigns across all digital channels. You will be defining and delivering paid and organic initiatives across platforms and working closely with our social media team on our corporate presence across channels.
The Director will have proven experience finding and engaging key audiences online, reporting on campaign analytics, working with social teams and working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
You love Viacom’s brands and embody our values of bravery, empathy, and honesty. The position reports into the VP, Digital and Social Strategy.
• Work closely with the VP of social and digital strategy to design and implement organic and paid campaigns across digital channels, including email, social, SEM/SEO, display, content marketing and more
• Deliver campaigns according to timelines, budgets and in line with agreed upon KPIs
• Own and optimize the digital and social marketing funnel and tech stack from end to end, leveraging analytics to inform shifts in editorial, content, platforms, and messaging
• Define and report on key digital KPI’s to demonstrate an increase in reach, audience targeting capabilities, awareness, engagement and ultimately lead generation on behalf of the Viacom Brand and its key stakeholders
• Work with our audience science team to build campaigns that amplify awareness for and messages around sponsored or hosted events in close coordination with the product/trade/events teams
• Help promote earned media initiatives and wins through paid and organic digital channels
• Drive traffic to and engagement with the new Viacom.com and the brand-new newsroom, inclusive of
o Liaising with internal stakeholders as the media / amplification POC
o Building, delivering, and managing the media plan with marketing team and audience science group
o Creating a regular analytics / reporting and feedback loop with audience science, editorial, social, and stakeholder teams to insure optimization of content
• Work closely with internal creative, editorial, and media buying agencies to develop digital campaign assets and run paid promotions
• Collate and analyze campaign performance, website traffic, and other digital metrics using Google Analytics, DOMO, vendor data and other reporting tools
• Continuously search for opportunities to grow, refine and improve upon our current digital strategy; Review, audit and make recommendations for CRM, social listening, and digital measurement platforms and dashboards
• Partner with the product and trade team to build and maintain CRM database, as well as own digital campaigns involving these contacts
• Support executive profiles and activity across digital platforms, where necessary
• Monitor and evaluate industry players and their digital presence
• Manage digital marketing roles and work closely with social team
• 7-10 years of experience in marketing
• Minimum of 5 years working as a performance and analytics media expert
• Ability to derive actionable insights from analytics
• Previous experience managing a team
• B2B experience preferred
• Must be a self-starter, who can balance multiple projects at once
• Must able to work with and meet tight deadlines, establish clear priorities and maintain professionalism under pressure
• Needs to have strong project management skills and incredible attention to detail
• Should be intellectually curious
• Must be flexible, agile and nimble
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Product and trade marketing team
• Corporate communications
• Events team
• Internal creative agency
• Internal media buying agency
• Tech team
• Investor relations
• Marketing and advertising
• Distribution team