Director, Corporate Communications
BETNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/18/2019 7:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Corporate Communications jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Corporate Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Corporate Communications? The BET Networks Corporate Communications Director position will assist in developing and executing Corporate Communications programs that shape awareness, attitudes and perceptions for BETN and its employees, consumer press, trade media, advertisers, industry executives and Viacom Corporate/Viacom Brand partners. The person in this position will help implement the corporate communications strategy, including external consumer and trade industry media pitching and outreach, issues management, internal/external events and internal communications efforts, along with support of corporate responsibility initiatives. This position will report to the Executive Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs.
• Develop relationships with BET Networks executives to create and execute internal and external communications strategies that express the company’s vision, values and thought leadership
• Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders including media (TV, print, online, blogs), employees (in other BETN departments and Viacom), outside industry organizations, and influencers
• Pitch and place stories on the BET Networks brand, executives, shows, specials and initiatives
• Develop press releases, talking points, scripts, Q&As, briefing documents, fact sheets and other press and company materials
• Support the Office of the Chairman and CEO by implementing strategic press initiatives and supporting internal and external events and activities
• Support the company’s overall corporate initiatives (e.g. attending events/activities and working with Event Planning and Corporate Relations, Ad Sales, News, Digital and/or Marketing teams)
• Identify key speaking opportunities for executives and manage speaking engagements, sponsorship opportunities and participation in industry conferences
• Liaise with Viacom’s communications team and leverage internal channels to share BETN stories (e.g. Viacom blog)
• Develop internal communications (e.g. memos, announcements, boilerplates, executive bios) and assist in managing employee events (e.g. Corporate Town Hall, executive presentations)
• Assist in identifying potential (crisis) communication problem areas and recommend viable solutions
• Schedule weekly meetings to update key stakeholders on progress of projects
• BA/BS in English, Communications, Journalism or other liberal arts degree
• 8 - 10 years of professional experience in communications/public relations preferably in media/entertainment managing internal commuincations, internal press, securing thought leadership opportunities, executive commuication, proven experience pitching and placing stories for big brands, executives, etc.
• Experience in the Digital, TV and having Big Brand experience is ideal!
• Excellent media relationships & contacts
• Proven success in a PR/Communications function as evidenced by tangible results.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, solve problems and think strategically
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and play well on a team
• Demonstrated ability to make and maintain relationships across a large organization
• Highly developed PowerPoint skills are key
• Strong writing ability, as well as flexibility in style to handle a variety of writing assignments
• Proven ability to interface with senior executives
• Expertise in Microsoft Office
Writing Samples are required along with a writing test/assignment for all final candidates* This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.