Director, Brand Social
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BET is looking for someone obsessed with the Internet and Black culture to lead its newly formed Brand Social Team, furthering the brand mission of entertaining, engaging and empowering the Black audience through an always on celebration of Black culture and awareness across the primary social platforms.
The right candidate is aware of the celebrities, influencers and trends in the social space that our audience is talking about today or will be tomorrow, and understands the nuances and sensitivities of engaging an audience in the BET brand voice.
On a day-to-day basis the Director, Brand Social for BET Digital leads the team that is responsible for ensuring that the BET brand is responding to and providing social coverage of the latest trends & events, aggregating the social activity of artists that resonate with the BET Networks audience, and constantly engaging with fans of the brand from BET social handles across the primary social platforms.
The Director, Brand Social also manages the link distribution strategy across the primary brand accounts with the responsibility of increasing referral traffic to BET.com.
• This position is responsible for executing strategic brand social content initiatives including but not limited to:
• Ensuring the BET brand is at the forefront of daily conversations trending on the primary social platforms by managing the team responsible for engaging the audience with impactful creative that strengthens the BET brand position with users of these platforms without compromising brand guidelines or priorities. Including managing the brand response, engagement and coverage strategy to cultural events (i.e. NBA All Star Weekend, Afro Punk Festival, The Grammys, etc) with the goal of generating engagements and/or views.
• Managing and monitoring the calendar and posting schedule of celebrity birthdays, pregnancies, holidays and other prominent anniversaries related to the Black diaspora.
• Ensuring that all assets are created and scheduled a minimum of one month in advance of publish across the primary social platforms.
• Managing and monitoring the brand strategy for engaging with fans of BET Networks across all social platforms, in the comments of posts created by the brand, audience and beyond.
• Managing an extensive real-time listening strategy that ensures the BET brand is aware of news as it breaks in the social space.
• This includes monitoring for negative reactions to editorial and other initiatives not related to BET linear properties.
• Identify current and developing trends across the social platforms and ways that the BET brand can participate, if appropriate.
• Work with BET.com editorial team to manage steady distribution of links directing traffic back to BET.com; including scheduling a 24/7 strategic deployment of links from key accounts across the primary social platforms.
• Maintain calendar and lead outreach for cultural and newsworthy events on behalf of BET Networks, leading team responsible for producing content in real time to be published to key BET accounts across the primary platforms.
• Manage team of social producers and coordinators responsible for maintenance and general upkeep of BET Brand accounts across all social platforms.
• Operate in an urgent, timely, and agile manner.
• Manage brand social content strategy to create platform-specific experiences with non-linear talent visiting BET offices.
• Manage the publish schedule and engagement strategy of Jukin videos across the major brand accounts on the primary social platforms.
• Manage content creation strategy that leverages 35 year of legacy photo and video IP to enforce daily affinity with the BET brand among Black audience on primary social platforms using Wibbitz CMS and other tools.
• Own social partnership with BET's Corporate Social Responsibility team to manage social support for all brand initiatives, including traveling to events for social content capture.
• Create new revenue opportunities by leading robust ideation for sponsorship concepts around all holidays, seasonal, regional and cultural events not connected to linear properties that will manifest on the primary social platforms.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in editorial, marketing & social media space, preferably with entertainment brands. Strong writing skills are critical.
• Bachelor's degree
• Must have a strong understanding of the evolution of the BET brand voice and tone, and an omniscient knowledge of Black culture.
• Maniacal interest in Black culture, music, comedy and sports with an uncanny knowledge of who and what is next.
• Proven experience in growing audiences and generating engagement with organic content strategies on the Facebook platform.
• Deep knowledge of primary social & digital platforms (ie. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, YouTube) and new and emerging technologies and their benefits to businesses, particularly entertainment
• Must have demonstrated experience in strategy development and delivery
• Ability to design & create impactful social images and video for daily distribution. Exceptional knowledge of Photoshop,
• Adobe Premiere, video editing programs, iOS/Android apps, and cameras.