BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BET Networks is one of the top 20 cable networks and is the #1 cable network with people who watch the most TV.
BET Networks is seeking an Account Executive to join the sales team in New York. The primary focus of this role is to generate advertising revenue working closely with key clients and agencies.
S/he will also work closely with the Director of East Coast Sales and other members of the sales team to strategize on building revenue for the network. The Account Executive will be based in New York and report to the Director of East Coast Sales.
The Account Executive plays an important role within the BET sales team and is responsible for managing key relationships with agencies and clients. S/he must be a client-focused seller who has experience in television media sales.
The Account Executive will develop, close and manage business from new and existing national accounts on the East Coast. S/he must be able to create, develop and execute sales strategies and proposals. This role is important throughout the entire year, and is a critical role during BET Upfronts.
Specifically, the Account Executive will:
• Nurture and grow the network’s sales efforts with targeted clients and identify opportunities to up sell and cross sell.
• Create and implement sales strategies that resonate with the network’s current and potential clients.
• Create sales presentations for key, target categories and accounts within the territory.
• Generate revenue that meets or exceeds the network’s budget.
• Participate in the upfront and scatter negotiations with agencies/clients.
• Effectively collaborate with multiple departments in order to achieve network objectives and optimize revenue through strategic and creative means.
• Continually identify, define, and quantify both existing and new revenue opportunities.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (weekly activity reports, weekly account updates, proposal reviews, monthly projections/forecasts, etc.) for management.
• Locate non-traditional advertising budgets as well as existing media budgets and sell the network as the advertiser of choice for a very desirable audience.
• Manage and monitor sales support staff, departmental budgets, and research as necessary to meet client’s needs.
• Attend weekly internal and cross-platform sales meetings.
The Account Executive we seek will be an experienced, driven and innovative advertising sales professional. S/he will be part of a collaborative sales team helping to grow overall network revenues.
S/he will be an effective sales executive who has experience, and existing relationships, with the agency/media buying community. Our ideal candidate will have a proven capability in niche selling strategies in lieu of traditional “ratings-only” selling. Conversely, our ideal candidate could be on the agency side managing large accounts.
In addition, all candidates should possess the following:
• A minimum of 5-7 years a cable/television ad sales experience or account management on the agency side.
• Strong communication skills to present to major advertising agencies and clients.
• Strong relationships with agencies and national advertising clients that allow the presentation of special events, integrated advertising opportunities and standard broadcast advertising sales opportunities.
• The ability to structure deals and develop strong client relationships as part of one the nation’s leading cable networks serving the African-American community.
• Experience working as part of a sales organization and growing your own business.
• Strong analytical ability for strategic sales development, including interpretation of media research and analysis for effective use as a sales tool.
• Superior communications skills; the ability to keep all parties informed and aware of key issues surrounding this role.
• Ability to get along and work productively with all colleagues both in sales, marketing, research, programming and brand solutions.
• A track record of successfully increasing ad sales revenues.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and aggressive attitude towards exceeding goals.
• Relationships with advertisers at the client and agency level.
• A confident, aggressive, tenacious, diplomatic, and collaborative style.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
• Extremely goal oriented with the ability to be organized and prioritize.