Account Executive - Digital
Full Time Job
BET Networks is seeking an experienced online Digital Account Executive (AE) to join the sales team in Chicago. The primary focus of this role is to generate revenue for this growing business, identifying prospects for online and social ad sales and closing both digital, social and multiplatform deals.
S/he will also work closely with the Midwest Director, Digital Ad Sales and other members of the sales team to strategize on building overall digital/social revenue for the network. The Digital AE will be based in Chicago and report to the Midwest Director, Digital Ad Sales.
The Digital Account Executive plays an important role within the BET digital sales team and is responsible for managing key relationships with agencies and clients. They must be a client-focused seller who has experience in online/digital media sales.
The AE will work closely with national sales personnel to create and present opportunities for cross-platform online and on-air advertising to agencies and clients. They will also identify prospective advertisers to bring to BET Networks.
The Digital AE will develop, close and manage business from new and existing national accounts on the Mid-West. Must be able to create, develop and execute sales strategies and proposals.
Specifically, the Digital Account Executive will:
• Generate revenue that meets or exceeds budget.
• Nurture and grow the network’s digital sales efforts with targeted clients.
• Structure deals and develop strong business relationships.
• Enhance revenue through direct sales to national advertisers and advertising agencies.
• Create and/or identify convergent opportunities with advertisers that capitalize on the interactive properties and the TV Network's capacity to attract a desirable demographic based on their music, entertainment.
• Provide weekly pipeline forecasting
• Sell across all digital, music and entertainment platforms.
• Create sales presentations for key, target categories and accounts.
• Effectively collaborate with multiple departments in order to achieve network objectives and optimize revenue through strategic and creative means.
• Continually identify, define, and quantify both existing and new revenue opportunities.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports for management.
• Attend weekly internal and cross-platform sales meetings.
The Digital Account Executive will be an experienced, driven and innovative interactive sales professional. The AE will be part of a collaborative sales team helping to grow overall digital revenues.
They must have national interactive advertising experience and existing relationships with clients and the agency/media planning and buying community. In addition, all candidates should possess the following:
• A minimum of 3 digital sales experience managing a list of accounts.
• Experience working with other media platforms synergistically (Network TV, Cable TV and Digital
• Proven capacity to generate revenue through consultative selling skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills to present to major advertising agencies and clients.
• Strong relationships with agencies and clients that allow the presentation of special events, integrated advertising opportunities and digital sales opportunities.
• The ability to structure deals and develop strong client relationships as part of one the nation’s leading cable networks serving the African-American community.
• Experience working as part of a sales organization and growing your own business.
• Strong analytical ability for strategic sales development, including interpretation of media research and Analysis for effective use as a sales tool.
• Superior communications skills; the ability to keep all parties informed and aware of key issues surrounding this role.
• Ability to get along and work productively with all colleagues both in sales, marketing, research, programming and brand solutions.
• A track record of successfully increasing digital ad sales revenues.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and aggressive attitude towards exceeding goals.
• A confident, tenacious, diplomatic, and collaborative style.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
• Extremely goal oriented with the ability to be organized and prioritize.
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.