BaseFXKuala Lumpur, KL
Full Time Job
The VFX Supervisor is responsible for the production of visual effects on the project that is assigned to him, with the possibility of working on feature animation projects when required. A key consultant of the project's Director, he is responsible for the technical and artistic quality of the shots. The standard of quality is established during his exchanges with the Director and production staff. He must therefore understand and interpret the Director's intentions and also be conscious of the project's budget constraints set by the production team. He works in collaboration with the Global Chief Creative Officer, Chief Creative Office and Productions on tasks such as budget, planning and client relations. The strength of the Visual Effects Supervisor's creative eye, excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills are highly regarded by his peers. He will provide confidence to production that the team has absolute clarity in what is expected of them in terms of professionalism and shot delivery.
* Work closely with production on setting delivery schedule and quality standards.
* Ensure Base delivers quality shots on time and on budget.
* To train the VFX team on VFX processes.
* To work closely with Chief Creative Officer to create vfx production structure and pipeline.
* Review all work for delivery, ensuring it hits creative and technical notes.
* Set discipline and quality standards by leading through example and regularly providing
feedback to your team.
* Ensure the leads are effectively running their teams, providing guidance to resolve issues
in the moment.
* Mentor and actively develop less experienced team members.
* VFX supervision as required (On set)
* Maintain creative relations with given clients; establish strong client confidence
* Bid shots, flag overages On set/ through post
* Outline show requirements involving team size, team strengths, & resources
* Outline show pipeline procedure if unique to given show
* Communicate show expectations with VFX artists
* Communicate creative and technical input for shot design & completion with VFX - artists
while maintaining Client's vision and working within budget.
* Communicate Director's feedback
* Supervise VFX artists as needed, in coordination with the VFX Producer for - given project
* Oversee all aspects for body of FX shots throughout post from start to finish
* Delegate appropriate tasks to applicable artists
* Monitor shot tracker data
* Update senior management to show status week
* Possibility of working on feature animation project when required
* Minimum 6 years supervisory or leadership experience in creating high-end VFX for
live-action feature films.
* Have expert knowledge of, and experience in, dealing with a wide range of visual effects
* Have an understanding of/creative eye for photography/film-making, lighting, design and
* Practical understanding of the entire VFX production pipeline process.
* Multi-disciplinary understanding derived from working within Effects, Lighting,
Compositing and Asset Teams.
* Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a deadline focused work environment.
* Expert people management/leadership and organisational skills.
* Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
* Expert time management and prioritisation skills.
* Sharpened tactical and creative problem solving sensibilities with a can-do mindset.?
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Apply Online