Barbizon LightingNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Job Position
The Systems Manager oversees the entire operation of our New York office's Systems Department. The team is comprised of Systems Integrators, Project Managers, Field Service Technicians and administrators who provide the integration and project management services for installations and projects of varying sizes - whether our customers are lighting the top of the world's tallest sky scraper, illuminating an historical 3-level bridge, designing an amusement park attraction, or renovating a smaller community theater, our Systems Department has them covered every step of the way.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the New York Region's System Department.
• Oversee the activities of the Systems Team; hire, train, mentor, and evaluate new employees
• Ensure that the Systems department is on track to meet financial goals through the design and execution of business plans and strategies to promote & attain financial performance. Develop and implement budgets, prepare reports for senior management and ensure the department complies with company policies.
• Ensure that the Systems Department has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities.
• Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity and staff development.
• Assess departmental performance against objectives.
• Represent the department at industry events and internal meetings.
• Responsible for developing and implanting departmental strategy.
• Responsible for directing contractual negotiations and assisting/participating in the negotiations as may be necessary.
• Responsible for contributing to the corporate strategic growth via multiyear departmental plans.
• Maintain productive working relationships with all employees, manufacturers, customers, and industry leaders
• Develop, revise, and maintain standards for systems pricing, project management and field service.
• Employee mentoring & performance reviews.
• Responsible for supervising and executing all approvals for insurance, liens and contracts.
• Work with Sales Lead to assess profitability and other criteria on specific jobs to determine which jobs to bid and which not to bid.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Attributes
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
• Business Acumen
• Financial Management
• Strategic Thinking
• Customer/Client Focus
• Communication Proficiency
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Product Knowledge.
• Effective negotiator.
Experience & Educational Requirements
• BS, BFA or MFA in technical theatre, television, engineering or related fields preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 7 years industry, systems integration and sales experience at the dealer or manufacturer level.
The Barbizon Lighting Company is deeply invested in the well-being and happiness of our employees and their families. Barbizon provides competitive compensation, including comprehensive health care to the employee and the employee's spouse and children at no cost to the employee. Additionally, the company provides a match to each employee's 401(k) deferment, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off, and participation in both the company's Profit Sharing and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Competitive Salary and Fully Paid Benefits
Open for business for over 71 years, the Barbizon Lighting Company (Barbizon) is the world's leading provider of turnkey entertainment lighting systems and products - specializing in the sale, service, and installation of lighting, rigging, and control equipment for television, film, live productions, performing arts, themed environments, houses of worship, and architecture. From Barbizon's 14 locations in North America, Europe and Australia, we provide industry leading solutions for our wide range of customers. Known as the industry leader, Barbizon boasts uncontested range of experience, time tested relationships with product manufactures, and a first-class team of Systems Integrators, Project Managers, Field Service Technicians, Specifiers, Sales Associates, General Administrators, and Managers.
Barbizon's completed projects list includes jobs ranging from the lighting of the spire crowning the top of New York City's 1 World Trade Center to broadcast studios for NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, Telemundo and ESPN. Other examples include the Oprah Winfrey Theater at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History, the galleries of the Renwick Gallery, and exhibit spaces at the Newseum, Spy Museum, and the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Other completed projects include the Crown Fountain in Chicago's Millennium Park, the Esports Arena Las Vegas at the Luxor Hotel and Casino, the Citi Field Stadium, and the custom programing of pixel-mapped skyscrapers for the 2017 broadcast of the NFL Draft.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online