Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Bamtech MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or ''HD Ready'' stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
In this role, the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will sit on the HRLT and contributes to and leads execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of BAMTECH Media. The Senior Manager will lead and facilitate all HR programs and strategies for the client group she or he supports through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
• Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
• Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, ''influence without authority'' approach.
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
• Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
• Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
• Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
• Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
• Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
• Uses understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
• Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
• Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
• 10 years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management. Experience working with senior executives in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
• Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
• Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
• Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
• Experience working in a ''start-up'' environment
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We're seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
This position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.