Production Coordinator - Asst. Editor team
AV SquadLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Title: Production Coordinator - NIGHT SHIFT
Reports to: VP, Operations
Pay type: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: Yes
Production Coordinator oversees the AV Squad production pipeline from ingesting assets to finishing spots by managing a team of 8 Assistant Editors. The position interfaces internally with producers, editors, music, and graphics and externally with clients and finishers, fulfilling production-related requests. This is a shared leadership role with the day production coordinator. The position primarily serves during the late shift.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities
• Exceptional communication, time-management and delegation ability.
• Superior knowledge of Premiere. Final Cut Pro and Avid background are a plus.
• Strong understanding of post-production workflows
• Strong understanding of media management standards and software, including video/audio specs, importing/exporting, transcoding, and troubleshooting.
• Strong background handling finish preps, postings, cue sheets, overcutting, shot lists, and related Assistant Editor responsibilities.
• Demonstrates extreme attention to detail, multitask, remain calm under pressure, is an independent thinker and problem solver, and can maintain flexibility and creativity in evolving protocols and competing business priorities.
• Works with VP to develop and manage communication and production workflows.
• Ideal candidate has 3+ years' experience as an assistant editor, finisher, post supervisor, production coordinator, or similar role.
Abilities & Competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent regularly employs the following communication and reasoning abilities and competencies:
• Effectively reads and comprehends written English
• Effectively understands, speaks, and writes English
• Able to actively and attentively listen
• Able to think through, evaluate and solve problems logically
• Able to organize work effectively in order to meet deadlines
• Attentive to detail
• Conduct all matters in a professional, confidential and courteous manner.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other departments.
Performance of the essential functions involves the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
• Frequent use of hands to manipulate equipment or media
• Frequently typing on a keyboard
• Frequently sitting and performing deskwork
• Seeing and reading without difficulty (with or without personal corrective aides)
Work Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position may require travel between two (2) campuses.
Important Notices: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the company. Team member is required to sign this document in the space provided below, acknowledging receipt and comprehension of this job description.
AV Squad is a creative advertising agency specializing in entertainment marketing. Since our inception in 2004, our goal has remained unchanged: We strive to create outstanding, attention-grabbing content that tells an effective story. Our work resonates with today's clever and diverse audiences. We believe in our work and love what we do. We pride ourselves on our congenial and collaborative culture and establishing an environment where creativity flourishes at every opportunity. Our passion for our work and commitment to our clients has positioned AV Squad as an industry leader.
If you have what it takes to work in our extraordinary environment, delivering extraordinary work, we want to hear from you.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online