Managing Producer Of News Podcasts
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Audacy is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented podcast creators with strong news and story instincts to produce an array of new podcasts and custom audio on-demand content. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach.
What You'll Do:
The Managing Producer will oversee development and production of Audacy News national podcasts, reporting to the VP of News.
• Lead the development and production of original podcasts and custom audio on demand
• Oversee podcast & multimedia producers and direct and supervise their work
• Work with VP of News and senior news digital management to develop ideas and recruit and coach talent for podcast series and specials
• Review and approve podcasts and other specialty multimedia content
• Set goals and deadlines, organize work flows and schedules, and assign work to members of the podcast & multimedia content team
• Provide constructive feedback and coaching to podcast talent and members of multimedia team
• Oversee audio distribution strategy, working with product and business development teams to optimize audience reach and engagement on all relevant platforms
• Work with marketing, audience development, and sales to identify opportunities to expand distribution and revenue potential of podcasts and audio on demand
• Develop clear goals around audience growth (scale and engagement) that hold team accountable for progress
More About You:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing podcasts and digital audio content
• Outstanding news judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
• Strong editing, writing, and story development skills
• Experience managing, coaching and mentoring producers and host talent
• Proficiency in Adobe Audition, Pro Tools or comparable non-linear digital audio editing software
• Ability to optimize podcasts and audio content for digital distribution
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Familiarity with best practices on all social media platforms
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Experience and demonstrated ability working with broadcast or other legacy media
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Technological savvy around latest web and mobile apps
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.