IT Systems Technical Representative
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Part Time Job
The IT Systems Tech is responsible for supporting the telecommunications infrastructure and desktop PC's. Assist with the configuration of AV setup for meetings for all departments. They will also assist with the setup, troubleshooting, and take down for storage of computer equipment and technology for basketball games, events, and concerts for the Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena. The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis:
1) Demonstrated alignment with the NBA's mission
2) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values
3) Collaboration with key internal resources
• Track, document and maintain all helpdesk requests utilizing a ticket management system.
• Assist with the setup of statistical equipment for the Hawks home basketball games.
• Assist with the support and setup of all arena basketball games, concerts, and family shows.
• Assist with relocating computer equipment throughout the building.
• Experience with hardware setup and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows XP & Windows 7 operating systems as well as Mac OS.
• PC hardware configurations to include the installation and troubleshooting of components during setup of games hours before the actual game.
• Respond to Virus, Malware and various security threats while implementing preventative measures to minimize risk.
• General knowledge in networks to include basic TCP/IP understanding, DNS and DHCP.
• General knowledge of LANs, WANs and wireless networks.
• Provide support for various computer and video related tasks such as the NBA Stats system.
• Assist media and staff at the event with issues connecting to wired and wireless networks.
• Understanding of network data, serial and video cabling.
• Work under direction of the Information Technology staff and the ''game night'' technology staff.
• Need to have a flexible schedule, ability to work weekends and the days of games.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
The following personal attributes are considered essential requisites for effective performance of the holder of this position.
1) Understanding of local (LAN) and wide (WAN) area networks.
2) Basic familiarity with video broadcast environments.
3) Excellent troubleshooting skills of customized software and various hardware.
4) General knowledge of telecommunications systems.
5) Strong Work Ethic and Good Interpersonal Skills.
6) Need to be detail oriented and very dependable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?
Do you want to be a part of the most dynamic and diverse entertainment venue in Atlanta? If so, the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena team is for you! We are committed to growing our family with genuine and fun people to host the best events downtown. No matter your experience, you will grow as a professional, be a part of the action, and make lasting memories for everyone.