Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Do you want to be a part of the most dynamic and diverse entertainment venue in Atlanta? If so, the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena team is for you! We are committed to growing our family with genuine and fun people to host the best events downtown. No matter your experience, you will grow as a professional, be a part of the action, and make lasting memories for everyone.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Chief Engineer supports all HVAC-related activities for all Atlanta Hawks games and events at State Farm Arena as well as providing operations oversight and collaborating with variety of departments to meet the operational end goals for events and clients by providing world-class service with Southern Hospitality.
Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related and progressively responsible experience required, of which seven (7) years of HVAC Department supervisory experience in operational environment including chillers, boilers, pumps, valves, air handling, and cooling towers is essential.
Must possess an in-depth and detailed working knowledge of mechanical and electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, and repair of equipment associated with buildings requiring hot water, chilled water, air conditioning, elevator, and general facilities care and cleaning practices.
Must be able to recognize unacceptable work habits and practices, give alternatives to work procedures not consistent with the high standards of ATL Hawks LLC. Must be able to organize and schedule assigned personnel with the goal of superior work quality while maintaining a substantial productivity rate.
Must be able to clearly and effectively, through both oral and written skills, communicate thoughts, ideas and work instructions to operational staff, co-workers, tenants, and corporate facility users.
Coordinates work schedules as assigned by the Director of Engineering. Must travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds. Conditions encountered include extremes in temperature, dust, and noise levels which may require special protective devices and/or clothing. Some travel away from the facility and grounds may be required. Overnight travel may be required. May be subject to 24 hour per day and 7 days per week on call. Climbing and movement in hazardous areas may be required.
Reads and applies work methods practices, all according to company policies, procedures and pertinent directives. Stays abreast of new developments in methods, and materials that can improve the HVAC and Plumbing departments' performance. Participate in training programs available for self-improvement. Utilize all policies and practices consistent with departmental requirements to develop skills and confidence in work and understanding of the goals of the company.
* Reviews schedules, operation reports, equipment conditions, parts and material inventories and costs to help maximize effectiveness of department programs. Reviews available material to discover ways that improvement can be made in HVAC O&M.
* Maintain responsibility for tools and equipment inventory.
* Sets work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms to include all formal work order documentation.
* Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
* Monitors O&M work to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
* Ensures correct procedures are being followed and aids when necessary.
* Regularly inspects HVAC departments' equipment to ensure proper operation.
* Prepares purchase orders for materials, tools, equipment, spare parts, etc.
* Determines work difficulty and personnel accordingly.
* Develops techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions, reducing costs, and staying informed on matters which improve results.
* Establishes and maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely P.M. or repair of components, systems and structures to include Fire Safety
* Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
* Will maintain proper dress attire as instructed by the Director of Engineering.
* Consulting Engineers and Contractors - Exchange information regarding relevant components, systems and structures.
* Manufacturer's Representatives - To seek and exchange information regarding operation, maintenance and repair of existing or new components, or systems and structures. Confer on application of new developments in existing equipment available to the industry.
* Vendors - Secure ordering information and prices for materials, equipment, spare parts, replacement equipment, etc. Exchanges information and relevant application data.
* Develops and implements plans for mechanical and maintenance programs to be accomplished within one (1) year. Develops general plans for projects for next three (3) years.
* Annual planning for capital expenditures and operating budgets to be prepared for Director of Engineering to review and approve for use in overall plan.
* Evaluate department organizational structure and make recommendations to the Director of Engineering for changes to improve structure.
* Develop changes to own position description and job requirements for future management approval.
* Develop changes to position descriptions and job requirements for all positions under supervision of Director of Engineering.
* Review personnel requirements for the HVAC department and make recommendations for changes including promotion of qualified personnel.
* Interview applicants and help select candidates to be hired subject to approval of Management.
* Recommend termination of supervised personnel when necessary in accordance with personnel policies subject to approval of Management.
* Provides direct supervision and assistance during major or critical work projects.
* Make recommendations for wage and salary adjustments within limitations of the company's approved matrix system, subject to Management approval.
* Conduct performance review in accordance with personnel policies. Review appraisal with immediate supervisor prior to counseling employee on any needs for improvement.
* Make certain that all subordinate positions understand and accept the responsibilities and authorities described in their job descriptions.
* Delegate responsibilities to subordinates with full recognition that overall accountability is retained and see that supervised personnel perform on their own initiative and without prior approval all the activities described in their position descriptions.
* Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with good industry practices and ATL Hawks LLC. safety regulations and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Were you referred by Hawk's employee? If so, who?