Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
The Company is looking for a detail-driven individual to join its team as an Accounting Coordinator. The position holds responsibility for accounting and administrative duties related to third party revenues and expenses, billing, inventory, cash, and the Company's travel program. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling general ledger activity and third-party statements. This position works directly with all departments and is a key contributor in keeping financial processes running smoothly.
• Review and Approve Accounts Payable (API online system) and Expense Reports (Certify online system) for assigned departments
• Analyze and record revenue and expenses related to Food & Beverage, invoicing third party providers as necessary
• Analyze and record revenue related to parking, including providing sales data to third party operator, reviewing monthly parking reports, and invoicing as deemed necessary
• Record Special Event Merchandise revenue and prepare related vendor payments
• Reconcile inventory subledgers to the general ledger, preparing monthly entries as needed related to event/non-event retail sales, web sales, and cost of goods sold
• Reconcile and record transactions related to the Company's Business Travel program
• Participate in the Month-End Close Process and perform general accounting functions, such as proposing journal entries, generating general ledger reports, preparing balance sheet reconciliations for assigned areas
• Assist with external and league audits, preparing audit schedules as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred
• 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience in a professional work environment, with increasing responsibility for financial statement preparation
• Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast paced environment
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, plus drive and willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains, a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?