Associated PressNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associated Press seeks an Assignment Coordinator for its New York, NY headquarters. Custom Content and Services is a business within the Commercial and Digital Sales department that generates significant revenue by providing editorial and commercial assignment services worldwide. It offers professional picture buyers access to the most comprehensive collection of 20th and 21st century photographs from AP's vast print, negative and online photo library.
The Assignment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating video and photo assignments. Duties include the collection of assignment details from sales managers and clients, creation and updating of assignment briefs, call sheets, assisting with crew selection, communicating shoot requirements to production team, delivering the generated content to clients and reconciling billing and cost reports.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business, project, technical and communication skills, must be highly self-motivated, able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a demanding market. To be considered, you must be detail-oriented, have flexibility with scheduling and be available to occasionally work nights and weekends. The ability to work in a team environment, be adept at problem solving, priority driven, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management and clients is key to success in this role.
• Production and fulfillment of assignments.
• Coordinate crewing and equipment resources.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with ENG crews and still photographers.
• Liaise with sales managers to gather assignment details and requirements.
• Monitor end-to-end progress of multiple shoots simultaneously, including close communication with crew on designated shoot days making sure jobs are on schedule and will meet client specification.
• Handle video and photo files of all types.
• Occasional transcoding and exporting of video files.
• Quality control on fulfilled jobs from both an image quality and caption perspective for still shoots, so that distributed photographs follow client specifications and AP-style guidelines.
• Ensure all assignments are correctly billed and invoiced in a timely manner.
• Related job experience within a production company or media environment (broadcast PR company, stock photo agency, publishing, wire photo news agency, etc.) with duties that include coordination of multiple projects/assignments simultaneously.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere.
• Working knowledge of Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, and Apples OS and Windows operating systems required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication / customer service skills with colleagues, superiors, clients, vendors, and editors a must - both oral and written.
• General knowledge of video workflows, photography and photo production
• Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Eagerness to learn all aspects of the photography industry, new systems, new processes, and each new photo assignment and task.
• Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory.
• Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online