VP, Business & Legal Affairs
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As VP, Business & Legal Affairs for ASCAP, you will work as part of the Business & Legal Affairs department on a variety of complex licensing transactions.
This position is based in New York and reports to the Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs.
• Structure, draft and negotiate repertory license agreements on all platforms (e.g., broadcast, cable, satellite and terrestrial radio, digital audio-only and audio - visual media, general (i.e. commercial establishments, concert venues, etc.), confidentiality agreements, services agreements, acquisition agreements, member agreements, promotion agreements, work for hire agreements and agreements related to joint ventures / strategic alliances.
• Advise and counsel licensing and other client groups on a variety of complex business and legal matters.
• Ability to multi-task, cover a high volume of deals, and work independently to structure, negotiate and expeditiously close complex media licensing transactions.
• Knowledge of entertainment/digital industry and related legal trends and business practices.
• Preferred experience in many of the following areas: copyright, music related rights, distribution, licensing, entertainment, media and internet law.
• Excellent transactional drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships within department and throughout ASCAP.
• The ability to analyze and synthesize information and devise alternative resolution strategies.
• A strong work ethic and a bias towards action, change, speed and revenue growth strategies.
• J.D. and a minimum of 8 years of relevant, transactional legal experience at a large law firm and/or in house entertainment or technology/distribution sector company.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options