Senior Microsoft Software Engineer
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Microsoft Software Engineer (Contract)
This position requires an individual with at least 10 years of experience in enterprise software development. The candidate needs to be able to manage multiple projects of moderate to large size and complexity. The Senior Software Developer position requires working in a dynamic technical team environment with minimal supervision, reporting to the Software Development Manager with an overall responsibility of analyzing, evaluating and implementing user requirements for new or existing Software applications.
• Planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor
• Working closely with upper management.
• Design and develop software systems making specific determinations about system performance.
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep systems current with changing technologies.
• Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems.
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
• Analyze application performance, diagnose and troubleshoot problematic software and design solutions to improve overall performance.
• Analyze current software and processes and make recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
• Develop, enhance and debug new software for assigned projects, including the maintenance of all necessary documentation.
• Test new software to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that application results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
• Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
• Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
• Responsible for communicating with technical services support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
• Provide feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
• Research and recommend software tools to management.
• Aid testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
• Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
• Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
• Must have worked for the last 10 years on enterprise applications, preferable on applications that involve high volume transactions. These applications must have been deployed to production.
• Experience with Microsoft Technologies (.Net, VB6, C#, SQL, Classic JSP, MS-IIS,), or
• Experience with enterprise ETL tools like MS-SSIS, DataStage or Informatica
• Experience with Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
• Be familiar with emerging technologies and industry trends
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Familiarity with modeling tools with ability to create use cases, object diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams
• Good understanding of application security concepts and methodologies
• Good understanding of testing methodologies
• Experience in complete software development life cycle implementations.
• Experience working in a matrix management, technical environment of highly skilled professional employees. Strong ability to communicate, influences, and negotiates with others to meet and exceed expectations for timely delivery of designated projects.
• Proven ability to develop, monitor, impact, and present ideas, recommendations, decisions, and relevant to assigned project. Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills to facilitate communication, process development, implementation, and administration that lead to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
• College degree required.
ASCAP is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!