ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ASCAP is home to more than 625,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are looking for Scrum master to drive Agile project management for medium sized teams / squads and large numbers of contributors / stakeholders. The Scrum Master leads Agile ceremonies (e.g., sprint planning, daily scrum calls, retrospectives, etc.), and is responsible for resource management, process guidance, impediment removal, sprint progress and budget reporting. The Scrum Master is required to collaborate closely with client product managers, Engineering Leads, business analysts, and other stakeholders.
The qualified candidate will have proven experience in working on complex programs and will have demonstrated the following:
• Coach teams in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviors
• Manage project budget and liaise with finance and management to track project spend (Capex and Opex)
• Drive project timelines and roadmapping while ensuring projects align to department and corporate goals
• Identify issues, risks, and recommendations of Agile teams and operating models
• Develop learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of maturity and effectiveness
• Support practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
• Perform Scrum Master role, including daily stand ups, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, backlog grooming, risk/issue management, etc.
• Ensure all contingent labor, contracts and invoices are tracked accordingly
• Present and support Agile education and training activities as required
• Strong facilitation and communication skills. Utilize facilitation skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
• Lead creative problem solving via collaborative problem solving processes
• Expertise with the use of Agile project management tools. Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort.
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
• Experience of working with distributed teams and vendors
• Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement.
• Ability to mentor and coach at the individual, team and project level.
• Collaborate and leverage contacts in the wider Agile community to deliver the best possible outcomes for clients.
• Experience in DevOps, Agile and Scrum transformations with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
• Expert knowledge of Agile, Lean, Scrum and Kanban methods and practices
• Experience in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Jira or another similar agile system of record like Rally, Version One
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals and liasing with a Product and design organizations
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications required
• Digital product development, customer journey definition, process mapping, and capability framework development experience
• Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, implementable value-based components
• Change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo with proven record of driving change through an organization at scale
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially at the Executive level
• Ability to engage and inspire a team, attract and retain subject matter experts
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program