Pop / Rock Membership Coordinator
ASCAPLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As a Membership Coordinator for ASCAP's Pop/Rock team, you will serve an important role as a representative to writers and professionals in the music community. After being trained on ASCAP's internal systems and software, you'll be responsible for supporting the Pop/Rock executives in the L.A. office and resolving member issues that may arise.
This role is also event-heavy, so you'll be expected to attend and work at Pop/Rock events (sometimes in the evening) while assisting in the planning and execution of each event. Active participation in the L.A. music scene is key, so an eagerness to attend these concerts and industry events is expected.
• Responsible for assisting and keeping all Pop/Rock staff up to speed on the status of the various ongoing department projects, goals, budgets and expenses
• Maintain budgets and expense reports
• Interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, attorneys, etc.) as related to ASCAP events and daily needs pertaining to their ASCAP memberships
• Participate in meetings and may contribute creatively from time to time
• Resolve member issues that may arise
• Attend and work at Pop/Rock events (sometimes in the evening) as well as assist and contribute to the planning and execution of each event
• Attend other industry events and concerts, as needed.
• This position requires attention to detail, diligent organization, and fluid communication skills
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Google Docs
• Must possess the ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with members and other industry professionals, either on the phone or in person
• Enthusiasm about budding talent and being informed about the music industry at large.
• This position requires regular attendance of meetings and industry events
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options