Licensing and Distribution Systems Analyst
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The TV Per Program Licensing and Distribution Analyst is a critical role, needed to successfully complete the key offline and online processes that are necessary for administering the Local TV Per Program License and the subsequent Distributions to ASCAP members for the compensable works contained in the programs reported to ASCAP by TV Per Program station licensees.
The current volume impacts close to 500 local TV stations, the majority of which are the largest TV stations licensed by ASCAP and results in significant licensing fees. This position maintains the data integrity and EMS system updates for up to 5 steps of monthly processing for the @500 station accounts. Moreover, the position is also directly responsible for the data and operational integrity of the TV PP quarterly distributions. As such, the position is responsible for ensuring that the TV PP processes result in an accurate billing of per program license fees and an accurate distribution of those fees.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Day-to-day operational processes associated with TV Per Program station reporting:
• Maintain and enhance the quality control processes and acceptance of electronic monthly TV Per Program reports from stations/station vendors
• Maintain and enhance quality control processes and delivery to stations and station vendors of ASCAP TV PP Final Adjustment files
• Maintain and enhance the quality control processes and acceptance of electronic monthly TV Per Program Post-Adjustment Review (PARR) reports from stations/station vendors
• Maintain and enhance the quality control processes and delivery to stations and station vendors of ASCAP TV PP PARR Response files
• Assist the Associate Director for tasks related to the oversight of day-to-day operational processes associated with TV Per Program Distribution
• Assist the TV PP Operations Coordinator will day-day tasks associated with the TV PP processes that interact with TV licensees and TV licensee vendors
• Maintain and enhance the integrity of offline databases associated with the TV PP Reporting and GFD processes and where needed create new offline databases for TV PP functions
• Assist in the coordination of the monthly Syndicated Program Database (SPDB) processes.
• Assist in the creating, testing and implementing of EMS system updates
• Conduct regular reviews of all offline and online TV PP processes and make recommendations to the Associate Director for any and all possible improvements. Provide the Associate Director with comprehensive implementation steps for all recommendations.
• Create training documents
• Create step-by-step documentation manuals for all processes
• Distribution and Member Inquiries: Working with Quality Assurance and other applicable areas, coordinate the research, analysis and resolution of member claims and inquires related to TV PP Distribution issues and provide the Associate Director with documented findings.
• Internal and External Liaison
• Liaison with TV PP stations and vendors
• Coordinate with TV Distribution team for issues related to EMS system matching of performance data needed for licensing and distribution purposes
• Management Reporting
• Provide monthly reporting to the Associate Director on the status of TV PP operations
• Provide ad hoc reporting as needed to the Director of Licensing Business Operations and Systems
• Strong MS Access and Excel skills
• High level of analytical skills and working knowledge of basic accounting functions
• Ability to write user requirements for systems developers is a plus
• Detailed understanding of ASCAP's distribution systems, polices and processes is a plus
• Ability to operate efficiently when facing time deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks at the same time
• SQL experience helpful, not required
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program