Head Of Global Member Services
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ASCAP is seeking a Head of Global Member Services to lead, manage, support and mentor the Global Member Services team for the purpose of providing exceptional customer service to ASCAP members, International Partner Societies and other ASCAP parties.
Areas of responsibility/accountability
The position will be responsible for the end- to-end Member Service experience and will be expected to recommend and implement process improvements and strategic workflow solutions to create a best in class member experience.
Working directly with the EVP & COO and other members of the senior management team, the position will escalate issues for high-profile member matters to come to a satisfactory and timely resolution. This position will support the operating and strategic projects in assessing member needs, as well as driving the creation and implementation of improved processes for the Global Member Services team.
Management and Development
• Mentor and support Global Member Services team to ensure overall success against Organizational Goals, monthly benchmarks and performance standards.
• Recruit experienced professionals for each functional role
• Foster collaboration within team and across departments
• Encourage continuous learning within team
• Developing and monitoring individual performance measurement standards.
• Responsible for preparing the Global Member Services annual budget and the appropriate periodic review of financial activities against the approved annual budget.
• Align with senior management leadership team around key metrics and operating objectives.
• Serve as the leading voice of the team and act as a member experience advocate in considering decisions.
• Establish member experience benchmarks across key areas of member interaction.
• Create and maintain new training content for representatives.
• Manage escalated member issues.
• Analyze and understand current customer member needs vs. past trends.
• Develop and support recommendations that influence Member and Society satisfaction and the value of ASCAP services
• Create streamlined processes and identify opportunities for continuous improvement through clear feedback loops from internal and external customers and team members
• Work directly with Digital Product and Global Technology Solutions (GTS) teams to drive a product roadmap and system improvements for better services and representative productivity.
• Member Self Service platforms – best in class CRM practices
• Drive company-wide definition of ideal member and society experience
• Deployment of best in class Interactive Voice Response system
• Collaborate with cross departmental team in design and deployment of new member inquiry management system
• Provide leadership by partnering with Sr. Management to establish efficiencies and continuity between call center functions and other departments.
• Measure effectiveness of service success with established metrics for internal staff which motivates excellent job performance
• Inspire member / customer service success across company
• Align with Marketing around messaging and new product implementation
Member and Society Service
• Support EVP, Membership in the dialogue related to member inquiries and areas of concern.
• Ensure effective handoffs between Global Member Services team and distribution teams that handle the day-to-day administrative process to resolve member issues.
• Maintain positive relationships with leadership teams throughout the organization to ensure effective communication and process for improving response times to ASCAP members and societies
• Coordinate strategic initiatives with Membership team as well as service specific high-profile members within these areas
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• 7 years of relevant experience in leading a Member, Client, or Customer Service team. (Member services preferred)
• Prior experience in the music industry or a related industry (media, entertainment, etc) highly preferred.
• Highly detail-oriented with excellent administrative, written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues with all levels of management.
• Self-motivated and organized to ensure internal and external responsiveness.
• Analytical, process oriented and effective and creative problem solver.
• Ability to enthusiastically manage influence through negotiation and consensus building.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options