Head Of Events
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Head of Events is responsible for the successful execution of ASCAP's core events to include award shows (Pop, Screen, Rhythm & Soul, Country, Latin, London, Symphony/Concert), and other key ASCAP events, including performance and panel events, receptions, and events to honor members.
Areas of Responsibility / Accountability:
• Develop show concept, objectives and delivery.
• Create and manage event deliverables by engaging interdepartmental participation and external assistance to include staff, crew, vendors, members, artists, managers, board members and others as appropriate. Hire personnel as needed.
• In conjunction with membership, approve and secure talent.
• Oversee all talent coordination to include travel, schedules, performances and presentations.
• Approve all show elements to include repertoire, rundown, script, audio, video, lighting, staging.
• Security/risk management; in conjunction with head of security, customize plans and procedures.
• Oversee site selection of venue/hotel and facilitate negotiation of associated agreements.
• Create and manage departmental and production/event budgets; review and approve all invoices prior to payment.
• Oversee management of on-site crews, recordings, content delivery, and sponsor/partnership presence, ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled.
• Develop production schedules and oversee load-in and load-out while remaining as a point of contact for all aspects of the production.
• Collaborate on and approve stage set and design.
• Coordinate press and communications as it relates to venue plots, talent availability and event schedules.
• Collaborate in determining strategic event partnerships and sponsorships.
• Minimum of 15 years of professional large-scale event management experience in highly visible entertainment/corporate environment.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
• Excellent management skills and ability to establish departmental protocols while establishing a sense of shared purpose and coordinated support.
• Exhibit exceptional/honest and professional written and verbal communication and inspired leadership skills. Responsible for ongoing coaching and development of staff and timely performance management feedback.
• Establish and maintain the highest professional standards and ensure confidentiality while working with artists, celebrities, managers, lawyers, agents, publicists, publishers and support staff.
• Experience working with all types of production companies and personnel, graphic/set designers, and event vendors including venues, hotels, caterers, rental and production companies, security firms, labor unions, and municipalities with the ability to negotiate/coordinate all relevant contracts.
• Establish approved budgets and accounting procedures while working responsibly with finance, reconciling in a timely manner. Familiarity with basic accounting, Excel spreadsheets, and general administration is necessary.
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and maniacal attention to producing high quality, error-free deliverables.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks relative to event production and logistics while maintaining flexibility due to the creative nature of the job and work environments.
• Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Commitment to individual excellence, team coordination, and continuous quality improvement.
• Exhibit common sense, good judgment and dynamic decision-making skills.
• Able to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Available and willing to work extended/flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally; scheduling and attending meetings and teleconferences as required.
• Possess a working knowledge of the music industry and its varied constituents, along with basic familiarity of related copyright issues.
• Degree in Music or Music Business preferred
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program