Global Member Services Representative
ASCAPLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Global Member Services Representative provides customer service to ASCAP's members via telephone, email and ASCAP's proprietary online account management system (Member Access). The position serves the goals of the ASCAP Global Members Services department in ensuring ASCAP writers, publishers, and internal departments receive the best experience possible.
Areas of responsibility & accountability
• Provide customer service to ASCAP's publisher members via telephone, email and ASCAP's proprietary online account management system.
• Effectively communicate within and outside of the organization in order to resolve publisher member issues and answer all questions.
• Handle internal communication to resolve issues to completion seamlessly without handoffs known to member.
• Resolve and track inquiries and other types in incoming requests to research and resolve issues arising from publisher members and/or their representatives regarding:
• (1) performance crediting
• (2) repertory
• (3) royalty distribution, overpayment recoupment
• (4) international collection and distribution
• (5) general membership concerns
• Escalate and resolve high priority member issues effectively utilizing expert knowledge of ASCAP's business along with strong communication with other departments within ASCAP.
• Use sound judgment to determine if high profile claims need to be escalated.
• Provide support to distribution department through participating in quarterly statement review, review of member claims for accuracy and liaison with members on behalf of distribution where additional information is required in order to process member claims.
Creative Services Support
• Assist creative services during ASCAP events, such as ASCAP's annual ''I Create Music'' Expo and member recognition events.
• Bachelor's degree in Music Industry Studies or Business
• Excellent administrative, written, and verbal communication skills
• The ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues
• Skilled at prioritizing multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
• Self-motivated and organized to ensure internal and external responsiveness
• Effective and creative problem solver
• Prior customer service experience is a plus
• Knowledge of ASCAP's systems, policies and procedures is a plus
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options