ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
DataStage Developer (Contract)
ASCAP is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
• Developing software applications according to Client's business requirements using Data Stage, Oracle and PL/SQL.
• Study and Analyze Business Requirements and Identify data gaps and sources required to gather the data.
• Batch Jobs development for ASCAP using IBM Datastage, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting and TWS Jobs.
• Developing system/technical specifications according to Client's Standards and Unit Testing and Integration Testing of all developed applications.
• Perform Impact Analysis and Effort Estimation
• Prepare ETL Mapping Documents- Design Rules and Transformations and data structures and Develop ETL Data stage jobs using 11.5 Version and implement them in production Environment.
• Provide Support to Business users in order to delivery any ad-hoc reports requested by Business Users.
• Monitor and performance Turing of any Critical jobs running long
• Co-ordinate with DBA and TWS Support Scheduling teams to implement any new changes or modifying any existing structures in Development, User Acceptance and Production Environments.
• 6 years of core oracle PL/SQL development writing stored procedures, exception handling, cursor processing, ref cursors, bulk collect, joins, very good understanding of how indexes work in regards to query tuning.
• 5 years of current Data stage 11 or higher experience developing server AND parallel jobs to populate live tables in an OLTP environment
• 2 years of current Unix Korn shell scripting
• Expert level SQL writing skills with demonstrable experience in handling large volumes of data (hundreds of millions to billions of rows)
• Exposure to Agile scrum methodology
• Great communication skills and Analytical mind
• Tivoli work load scheduler (TWS maestro)
• Familiarity with SQL server/T-SQL development