Associate Director, Urban
ASCAPLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Associate Director, Rhythm & Soul/ Urban serves an important role as a representative to writers and professionals in the music community. While working with some of our highest profile writers, he/she also focuses on nurturing the careers of emerging ASCAP writers.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Maintain relationships with emerging and high-profile writer members and industry professionals through regularly attending lunch and dinner meetings and visiting writers at their studios.
• Identify and affiliate new songwriters.
• Produce events and programming on behalf of ASCAP both locally and in other cities including showcases, workshops, panels, songwriting camps, etc.
• Maintain relationships with brands and actively work with them to secure sponsorships for events on behalf of ASCAP.
• Resolve any questions or issues that writer members may have with their distributions or questions about policies or events ASCAP has put forward or promoted.
• Attend events both locally and on occasion, in other cities to represent ASCAP at conferences, concerts, awards and other industry events.
• Research and stay abreast of industry developments to provide strategic support to the Department head and senior management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Experience and strong relationships in the music industry
• Very strong social and communication skills and the ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor
• This position requires regular attendance of meetings and industry events
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program