Associate Director, Pop / Rock
ASCAPLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Associate Director for ASCAP's Pop/Rock team, you'll play a critical leadership role, responsible for the discovery and development of songwriters and music publishers. You'll form and maintain relationships within all aspects of the music industry - including indie and major record labels, publishers, lawyers, managers, agents, and more.
This role will require strong social and organizational skills, as you'll be responsible for the planning of industry events, public speaking, market research, and attendance of events at night - including occasional travel.
You will be expected to stay informed about the music industry at large and of ASCAP's market share.
• Discovery and development of songwriters and music publishers, including the targeting of songwriters to switch, which might positively affect ASCAP's market share
• Forming and maintaining relationships within all aspects of the music industry; including but not limited to indie and major record labels, publishers, lawyers, managers, agents, and more
• Plan and attend industry events, which will occasionally require overnight travel
• Market research
• Very strong attention to detail, with diligent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with members and other industry professionals, either on the phone or in person
• Ability to stay informed about the music industry at large, including ASCAP's market share
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options