ASCAPNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2018 3:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Agile Coach jobs in New York-NY
Search all Agile Coach postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Agile Coach? Job Description
ASCAP is home to more than 650,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are looking for an Agile Coach to help teams new to Agile make the transition from a traditional delivery model to Scrum. As our Agile Coach, you will work with one or more scrum teams at a time to understand their current processes, Agile maturity level and transformation impediments to create a plan to improve and optimize their Agile capabilities. The Agile Coach is required to collaborate closely with IT leadership, business stakeholders, and the scrum teams.
The qualified candidate will have proven experience in working on complex Agile transformations and will have demonstrated the following:
• Coach teams in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviors
• Conduct team-level Agile maturity assessments
• Develop and execute team-level transformation plans
• Identify issues, risks, and recommendations of Agile teams and operating models
• Develop learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of maturity and effectiveness
• Support practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
• Coach Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Leadership and Key Stakeholders on their roles in the Agile process
• Present and support Agile education and training activities as required
• Strong facilitation and communication skills. Utilize facilitation skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
• Expertise with the use of Agile project management tools. Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort.
• Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement.
• Ability to mentor and coach at the individual, team and program level.
• Experience in DevOps, Agile and Scrum transformations with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
• Expert knowledge of Agile, Lean, Scrum and Kanban methods and practices
• Expert knowledge of Lean Change management methods and practices
• Experience in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Jira or another similar agile system of record like Rally, Version One
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals and liasing with a Product and design organizations
• BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA is desirable.
• CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications required
• SPC or equivalent scaling certification preferred
• Agile coaching certification preferred
• Digital product development, customer journey definition, process mapping, and capability framework development experience
• Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, implementable value-based components
• Change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo with proven record of driving change through an organization at scale
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially at the Executive level
• Ability to engage and inspire a team, attract and retain subject matter experts
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.