Accounting & Program Associate
American HumaneStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
American Humane seeks a highly-motivated self-starter with superb attention to detail, excellent follow-thru, and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to join American Humane Hollywood's No Animals Were Harmed® Program as the Accounting & Program Associate. This position is based at American Humane's office in Studio City, CA and reports directly to the National Deputy Director, American Humane Hollywood and will work collaboratively with the Accounting/Grant Manager.
For more than 100 years American Humane has been first in promoting the welfare and safety of animals and strengthening the bond between animals and people We are first to serve, wherever animals are in need of rescue, shelter, protection or security. Through our innovative leadership initiatives - from our ''No Animals Were Harmed®'' program in Hollywood to broad-based farm and conservation animal welfare certifications, to rapid response rescue and care across the country - American Humane sets the gold standard as the most visionary and effective animal welfare organization in the nation.
As a key member of the American Humane Hollywood, No Animals Were Harmed® program, the Accounting & Program Associate will work in coordination with the Accounting/Grant Manager to take a lead role in supporting and developing the program's accounting processes as well as collaborating with senior leadership and program staff on a variety of projects.
• Manage the payroll processes
o Review timesheets to ensure accuracy and proper coding
o Calculate meal premiums and overtime
o Enter timesheets into employee portal for payroll processing
o Meet payroll deadlines
• Expense report review and processing
• Ensure proper coding for all accounting data based on chart of accounts
• Maintain accounting records, includes copying and filing documents
• Develop & present financial reports, this includes creating power point presentations and excel spreadsheets for senior management
• Complete billing to productions on a daily and weekly basis, as needed to support Accounting/Grant Manager
• Collaborate with Accounting/Grant Manager on budget preparation
• Work with Accounting/Grant Manager to ensure audit compliance
• Work with pre-production, production and post-production coordinators on projects as needed
• Responsible for processing contracts
• Assisting with or taking the lead on travel coordination as needed
• Program data entry
• Support senior staff in managing administrative tasks as needed
• Special projects as assigned
Essential experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, who is focused, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and has strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting from an accredited institution required
• Up to 3 years' experience preferred
• Solid knowledge of accounting and financial principles
• Data entry experience preferred (Solomon experience desirable, but not essential)
• Proficient in PC, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive with ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a small office
• Able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Self-directed to take action and resolve issues
• Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Sound judgement and discretion in handling and securing confidential information
• Conduct oneself in a highly professional manner
Physical demands and work environment:
• Standard office environment
• Performing job duties will require employee to look at and work off a computer screen for extended periods
• Staff bring personal pets to the office, so will need to be comfortable around animals
Employees are expected to adhere to all organizational policies and to act as role models, demonstrating American Humane's core values:
Respect for all
Loyalty to mission
Honesty, integrity, trust
American Humane will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
American Humane is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply
American Humane will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
American Humane is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Website: Apply At Employer's Site Apply Online