Set Construction Coordinator
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Set Construction Coordinator (Temp)
The Set Construction Coordinator is responsible for the safety and management of all set builds for AFI Productions on and off of AFI property, with focus on safe crew volume, realistic timelines, and accurate materials takeoffs. These productions include, but are not limited to, student Cycle and Thesis films.
• Instruct Production Design Fellows in the basics of set construction and safe construction practices.
• Assist with takeoffs, punch lists, and schedule for a successful and safe build.
• Act as liaison between Supervisor, Set Productions Services, North Hollywood Soundstage Supervisor and Fellows to ensure accurate expectations and set safety at all times.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum two years' experience in set construction in a real-world environment.
• Demonstrated competence in scenic carpentry.
• Experience working on a film or television production.
• Ability to mentor students and collaborate with faculty and staff.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Experience in Production Safety, OSHA compliance and risk management.
• Teaching or mentoring experience or demonstrated ability to teach complex concepts and procedures in a clear fashion.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Set Construction Coordinator performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Supervisor, Set Production Services and the Production Head, AFI Conservatory.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online