Senior Manager, Corporate Relations
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Senior Manager, Corporate Relations
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Senior Manager, Corporate Relations will work closely with the Director, Corporate Relations to manage AFI's corporate giving programs and corporate sponsorships in support of the Institute's operations, exhibition programs, the AFI Conservatory, AFI special events and special projects. In addition, the Senior Manager supports the Director, Corporate Relations in researching, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate donors.
• Develop and implement creative, customized proposals for each solicitation, and manage the fulfillment and reporting requirements for all corporate sponsors.
• Create and establish a fundraising strategy to secure members for the AFI Corporate Fund. Responsibilities will include researching, developing and maintenance of prospect lists, cultivation and tracking of benefits.
• Keep apprised of new initiatives with existing sponsors and develop new prospects among corporations.
• Work with program directors to develop new sponsorship opportunities for all AFI exhibitions and programs.
• Manage and maintain current corporate partners, safeguard relationships, ensure highest level of return on investment and work to maximize and increase levels of support.
• Develop and implement effective corporate relations policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with recognized best practices.
• Support the Director and the Chief Advancement Officer by providing research briefings, supporting documentation, preparing proposals and presentations for meetings, and discussions related to corporate relationships for AFI.
• Manage internal production staff and contracted third-party production agencies for large sponsorship activations.
• Create an active pipeline of prospects through identification, research and tracking of corporate sponsor activity.
• Oversee in-kind contributions and serve as a clearinghouse for all institutional needs.
• Work in coordination with various departments across the organization to create high-level outreach materials, secure information for proposals, service existing relationships and for reporting.
• Provide timely reports to corporate sponsors on executed programs and oversee final reporting to AFI institutional donors to ensure a detailed record of direct benefits and receipt of their support.
• Collaborate with program directors and the AFI marketing team in overseeing sponsor fulfillment; ensure all donors receive tickets, passes, marketing tie-in, brand awareness, photos and visibility opportunities.
• Manage seasonal/temporary employees brought on for sponsored-event production, invitations, ticketing and festival concierge services.
• Oversee database, files, payment schedules and contracts for corporate support, performing follow-up to gather all information to ensure payments are received and the most current information is captured.
• Effectively copyedit and proofread proposals, applications, reports and other documents.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum six years of sponsorship and/or marketing experience. Film festival experience soliciting corporate and/or media partners is preferred.
• Minimum three years of direct management of full time and seasonal staff.
• Quantifiable achievements in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate donors and sponsors.
• Superior management, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
• Strong self-motivation and self-initiative; ability to take direction as well as work independently on multiple projects.
• Proven ability to handle numerous details, with appropriate follow up and reporting activities.
• Experience in marketing a plus.
• Knowledge of local media and film community as well as having existing relationships a plus.
• Excellent computer and database management skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote for a MAC environment; familiarity with the Tessitura's database is a plus.
• Must demonstrate a friendly and cooperative attitude with internal and external contacts.
• Genuine interest in film and support of AFI's mission with natural ability to articulate this mission and role to others.
• An innate ability to inspire those working with him/her toward accomplishing common objectives and goals.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Relations performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Corporate Relations.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online