American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
DEPARTMENT: AFI Conservatory
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The AFI Conservatory Registrar is responsible for the maintenance and security of all official Fellow academic records as well as overseeing the collection, analysis, interpretation, distribution, and warehousing of Conservatory data and information. This individual is an accomplished leader with a strong capacity for managing multiple projects at once and a commitment to serving an academic community of artists and storytellers.
• Manage Fellow academic records processes and course registration.
• Maintain, manage, and publish Conservatory class/course/workshop schedules and calendars.
• Maintain curricular offerings and degree inventories.
• Manage grades and transcript processing and degree/graduation audit processes.
• Oversee database, student information system, and information systems management for Conservatory programs.
• Act as liaison with student information system and other information system suppliers/vendors.
• Provide technical support and training on student information system and other information system-as relevant, for Conservatory faculty, fellows, and other community members.
• Collaborate with the Dean, Vice Deans, faculty and staff to facilitate and improve services to Fellows.
• Prepare and maintain directory information and releases.
• Train and familiarize Conservatory personnel and Fellows on FERPA, data and records privacy, and related matters.
• Manage all Registrar and Institutional Research staff members.
• Manage the review, updating, and publishing of Fellows Policy & Procedures Handbook on an annual basis.
• Create and update on an annual basis the manual of Registrar Operating Procedures.
• Develop and administer the departmental budget.
• Oversee the completion and submission/distribution of internal and external data reports and requests including those requested for accreditation or other purposes.
• Manage annual Conservatory commencement processes, including supervision of the graduation petition process, and elements of commencement rehearsal and ceremony.
• Serve as the Veterans Affairs Liaison and Designated Certifying Official.
• Serve as a Designated School Official in compliance with immigration regulations.
• Convene the Conservatory Policies Committee (CPC).
• Develop and monitor retention, graduation and Fellow tracking processes and reports.
• In conjunction with Human Resources, recruit new staff members when necessary.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree and academic preparation and training in student services, higher education administration or related field preferred.
• Minimum five years of progressive experience in a Registrar or related office in higher education is required.
• Strong knowledge of student information management systems (experience with Empower preferred) including installation, conversions, and enhancements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of film, television, theater, multimedia, animation or related arts educational programs is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of FERPA and SEVIS regulations.
• Proven leadership skills and the ability to successfully manage staff and provide direction to the Fellows and other external clients.
• Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a cohesive writing style and a comfort speaking in public.
• The ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in accessible terms.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities without losing sight of the big picture.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively apply these to a diverse set of issues.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with faculty, staff, Fellows and outside third parties in the academic and professional environment.
• Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external contacts
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
• Capacity to thrive in an exciting academic environment of a world-class Institute and to respond effectively to evolving needs and priorities.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Computer proficiency in Macintosh OS with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, SPSS, FileMaker Pro and database management for a Mac environment required.
The Registrar performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Vice Dean, Academic Affairs.
FULL-TIME X If full-time, number of months per year 12
PART-TIME _____ If part-time, number of hours per week
REGULAR X TEMPORARY ___
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online