Mac Desktop - Support Technician
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Mac Desktop Support Technician
DEPARTMENT: AFI Information Technology
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
ABOUT THE JOB POSITION
This hands-on role reports to the Director of IT and is responsible for providing Tier 1 desktop and
mobile support as part of a team that includes Tier 2 and Tier 3 support. The Technician role ensures
accurate incident documentation and issue-tracking to a primarily Mac-based office staff with
hardware, software, network and application problems.
This individual serves as the IT customer service specialist and helpdesk front line of support,
performing a range of activities that contribute to overall customer and user satisfaction. This
individual also supports the campus telephone/communications systems as needed.
• Primary point of contact for all help desk support tickets and IT help line calls; responsible for
handling Tier 1 support (for computers, printers, BYOD mobile devices for iOS, Android and other
platforms, office telephone, etc.) and escalating help desk support tickets to other IT department
staff for higher-level issues. Daily responsibilities include installing, configuring, managing,
maintaining, and troubleshooting printers, desktop computers running Mac OS X and Windows
operating systems, and common office productivity applications such as MS Office, Acrobat, etc.
as well as supporting common desktop browsers and security (anti-virus) software.
• Provide support to end users for networking issues in a LAN environment with 802.11ac WiFi.
• Provide accurate and detailed documentation of IT problems, analysis and resolution actions for
• Perform monthly service maintenance work on Windows and Mac servers.
• Recommend, schedule and perform approved software improvements and upgrades.
• Build service relationships with internal constituents; develop and maintain excellent working
relationships with other departments across the organization, ensuring the IT department is well
received and consistently represents professional standards and deliverables.
• Work within IT management systems, processes and procedures to ensure effective monitoring,
control and support of service delivery; maintain a thorough understanding of all organizational
standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure quality and cost-effective services are performed per the agreed SLAs; accountable for the
delivery of services within the SLAs and KPIs.
• Mentor the user community on IT best practices.
• Perform after-hours on-call support coverage as needed to ensure 24/7 coverage.
• Actively maintain help desk documentation in an electronic knowledge database.
• Provide general office support for the department, including invoice/document coordination.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of hands on IT help desk experience in a fast
paced, multifaceted IT department supporting Apple OS X and iOS. Experience with Microsoft
Windows would also be helpful.
• Must hold one or more of the following certifications: A+, Security+, Network+, CCNA, ACMT,
MCP and /or MCSA.
• Knowledge of ITIL standards and disciplines, with certification preferred.
• Highly competent in the setup, operation and support of desktop operating systems (OS X,
• Highly capable of operating and troubleshooting common end-user applications.
• Direct knowledge of and experience with the following: support of Microsoft Office 2010-2013,
2016, 365 applications; configuring/troubleshooting Apple iPhones/iPads, iOS/Android mobile
devices and Xerox/HP printers & copiers.
• A champion for exceptional customer service to provide solutions to technological and operational
issues and concerns for an entire enterprise system; demonstrated ability to provide end-users
with best-in-class service and timely creative solutions.
• A commitment to excellence and to making a difference; results-driven, improvement-focused
and action-oriented with the ability to handle an array of responsibilities simultaneously,
proactively striving for process improvements and success.
• Strong attention to detail and a commitment to thorough resource documentation.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work
independently and with minimal supervision.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate
follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Can work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain
complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The successful candidate has proven skills to work effectively with the AFI user community to
maintain AFI's IT infrastructure and equipment. A hunger to learn more in the IT field will drive a
successful candidate to find answers in areas of knowledge that need reinforcement.
A proven hands-on Support Technician, this individual acts with vigor to achieve help desk results and
is capable of articulating and measuring success. This individual shares a passion for AFI's purpose,
mission and values, and serves as an ambassador for the American Film Institute.
This position reports to the AFI Director, IT and works closely with the AFI IT Systems Specialist and
Mac Desktop Support Engineer. This role will interface with a variety of IT support vendors and all
levels of staff across the AFI Campus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online