Information Technology Systems Specialist
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Information Technology Systems Specialist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Information Technology Systems Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Information Technology Systems Specialist? PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director, Creative and Web Services leads the design and web teams by conceptualizing, developing and executing creative strategies and campaigns for AFI print and online materials. In addition, the Director, Creative and Web Services is responsible for understanding how design can be translated into video, web and interactive platforms.
• Create effective, eye-catching materials ranging from national print and outdoor advertising, to direct mail solicitation and catalog and/or magazine layouts, to web banners and social media, to packaging to effective marketing campaigns by using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Collaborate with the CMO and the Senior Management team to identify the strategic intent of specific projects and to maximize the effectiveness of various concepts.
• Facilitate and manage the printing and programming process and the production and installation of work with external vendors.
• Create presentations to promote AFI programs and initiatives.
• Develop and uphold the visual standards for the AFI brand.
• Proofread, copy edit and fact-check for error-free materials.
• Supervise the Traffic Manager, Creative Services and Web Services teams through project development and performance management for maximum team effectiveness.
• Develop and maintain a rapport with internal and external clients.
• Articulate project goals; reinforce creative parameters and present creative work to fellow project team members and clients.
• Negotiate pricing and coordinate design materials with outside vendors, including printers, mail houses, etc
• Perform a multitude of projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are consistently met and standards and budgets are maintained.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferable in graphic design or related field.
• Minimum eight years hands-on professional design experience in entertainment, packaged goods, advertising or a design or marketing agency.
• Strong ability to think strategically, envision design concepts and campaigns and execute direction with minimal supervision and revision.
• Strong marketing background with proven experience concepting and executing marketing campaigns.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Proven ability and expertise with hand-drawn illustrations is a plus.
• Expert skills in presentation design using PowerPoint and Keynote.
• Knowledge of Flash, Dreamweaver and an understanding of how web and social media applications work is a strong plus.
• Proven experience with brand design and execution.
• Extensive knowledge of pre-press and printing processes.
• Strong leadership, time management and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
• A strong team player comfortable collaborating and offering helpful feedback.
• Successfully able to collaborate with all departments/levels of the organization and third parties in a highly professional manner.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results-oriented team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.