Editorial Assistant, Post Production
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Editorial Assistant, Post Production
DEPARTMENT: Sony Digital Art Center
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Editorial Assistant, Post Production, is responsible for providing technical support to the Fellows, the Sony Digital Art Center (SDAC, AFI's post-production facility) and the Institute. In addition, the Editorial Assistant, Post Production assists the Fellows and AFI Directing Workshop for Women (DWW) participants with file-based workflows, developing curriculums, instructing classes, off-line and on-line editing, and Cycle and Thesis finishing.
• Maintain media pipeline, workflow creation and ongoing implementation for Cycle, Thesis, 35mm-MOS and DWW films.
• Assist AFI Fellows and DWW participants with operational and/or technical - problems for Avid, Resolve and Adobe systems.
• Assist in conforming Thesis, 35mm-MOS, and DWW films in preparation for color correction, and in creating DCP's.
• Create weekly Cycle-film distribution elements including Blu-ray and DVD disks, and PIX uploads.
• Assist in finishing and preparation of Cycle films and creation of digital master files.
• Teach AFI Conservatory workshops or training classes as needed.
• Write instructional whitepapers as new technology is implemented.
• Perform storage management, including creation and deletion of Nexis/ISIS 5000 workspaces.
• Train, manage and troubleshoot for Shotput Pro dailies-creation program.
• Troubleshoot and provide general maintenance of Avid systems.
• Coordinate with other AFI technical personnel to resolve technical issues.
• Work closely with the SDAC Operations Manager to manage workloads and deadlines, perform technical forecasting, and plan technical staffing.
• Implementation of new technology and strategic adherence to emerging workflows.
• Remain current with changing technology as it applies to AFI (through community outreach, classes, Internet research, etc.).
• Participate in the procurement and editing of video exhibition of AFI sponsored events.
• Oversee off-line and on-line editing of assigned AFI-sponsored projects.
• Assist other AFI departments in the creation of distribution media, including master tapes and digital files.
• Participate as a post-production crewmember on AFI-sponsored projects.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years post-production equipment and techniques experience.
• Minimum two years Avid editing and technical experience.
• Minimum one year teaching in a classroom environment.
• Avid Certified Instructor training desirable.
• Minimum one year DaVinci Resolve for on-line and conform experience.
• Knowledge of color science, on-line/conform, VFX, and DCP's required.
• Understanding of digital and film workflows required.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and After Effects) desirable.
• Knowledge of Nexis/Avid ISIS 5000 desirable.
• Excellent computer skills with expertise in Mac OS, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and other office software.
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows desirable.
• Highly developed customer skills with a client-friendly attitude and the ability to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external contacts.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with the appropriate follow-up and reporting activities.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational, and multitasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Proven project-management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Editorial Assistant, Post Production performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, Sony Digital Arts Center.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online